Security release for djangocms-text-ckeditor

Jacob Rief

Aug 4, 2020, 5:51:46 AM8/4/20
to django CMS developers
I'd like to release a new version of djangocms-text-ckeditor. Possible versions would either be 3.9.2 or 3.10.0.
This is because we really should upgrade to a newer version of CKEditor, since the current one (4.7.3) has a documented XSS vulnerability.

If there are no objections, I will use version number 3.10.0. In my opinion a minor version number increase is appropriate here, since CKEditor
version 4.14.1 also adds a lot of new features.

– Jacob

Iacopo Spalletti

Aug 4, 2020, 6:34:00 AM8/4/20
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
On 04/08/20 11:51, Jacob Rief wrote:
> I'd like to release a new version of djangocms-text-ckeditor
> <https://github.com/divio/djangocms-text-ckeditor>. Possible versions
> would either be 3.9.2 or 3.10.0.
> This is because we really should upgrade to a newer version of CKEditor,
> since the current one (4.7.3) has a documented XSS vulnerability.
>
> If there are no objections, I will use version number 3.10.0. In my
> opinion a minor version number increase is appropriate here, since CKEditor
> version 4.14.1 also adds a lot of new features.

:+1: from me for the update and releasing it at 3.10.0

Iacopo

--
Iacopo Spalletti

Nephila - Firenze
Phone: +39 055 5357189
Support: +39 055 3985730
https://nephila.digital

signature.asc

Jacob Rief

Aug 5, 2020, 8:51:39 AM8/5/20
to django CMS developers
Hi folks,

I have released a security update for https://github.com/divio/djangocms-text-ckeditor as version 3.10.0
It fixes a XSS vulnerability found in earlier versions of CKEditor. This release upgrades CKEditor to version 4.14.0.

– Jacob

Mario Colombo

Aug 5, 2020, 8:54:14 AM8/5/20
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com