Looking for Biohacker fellows in Brussels

macgill123

Nov 22, 2013, 4:38:13 AM11/22/13
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I live in Brussels and I am looking for a few pals here to collaborate on algae recombinant proteins experiments.

If you know somebody who would like to collaborate , please leave me his data.

Many thanks !

gab

Cathal Garvey (Phone)

Nov 22, 2013, 6:01:35 AM11/22/13
to diy...@googlegroups.com
-Cathal (Ireland)

Meredith L. Patterson

Nov 22, 2013, 6:21:23 AM11/22/13
to DIYBio Mailing List
Yes, there are three of us at least! We have some space in the FoAM workshop on Koolmijnenkaai, in which we have not done much beyond sorting out inventory yet, plus whatever Cedric and Hugo have gotten done in the last month that I've been out of town.

I'm back around the first week of December, and would be happy to meet up then.

Cheers,
--mlp

Learn more at www.diybio.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/f18cd038-30c3-4e6e-9ef6-d97a9cc8baa3%40email.android.com.

toinety

Mar 24, 2015, 7:55:33 AM3/24/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Oh just came across this!
I know it's been a while, but are you guys still active?

李玙

Mar 24, 2015, 9:51:36 AM3/24/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hey, I'm working on some art/design project with the biohackerspace in Paris and Lausanne, but I will soon move to Belgium, seems there is no any biohacker space and an active community exist yet. I'm very willing to join/participate to make this happen!
Please write back if any of you are still interested in !

在 2015年3月24日星期二 UTC+1下午12:55:33,toinety写道:

toinety

Mar 24, 2015, 10:49:10 AM3/24/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Same here:)

李玙 [ LI YU ]

Mar 24, 2015, 11:47:59 AM3/24/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
I actually found there is a DIYBIO belgium website, there is a community, but have no location yet.
http://www.diybio.be/index.php/fr/
@Toinety, are you in Brussels? Have you meet some ppls already?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.

李玙 [ LI YU ]

Mar 24, 2015, 11:48:06 AM3/24/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com

李  璵   [ LI  YU ]
FB  /  Skype  /  Twitter :
   C R A Z Y P U L S A R
 Spatial-X|Gliese 832 c| - Time-X|A.D. 2217|
[FR] +33 (0)787 824 168
[CH] +41 (0)789 072 515
[CN] +86 1560 160 7641
http://crazypulsar.net/(Design & Art )
http://spaceseeed.com(Space seed project)

Meredith L. Patterson

Mar 24, 2015, 1:40:41 PM3/24/15
to DIYBio Mailing List
Yup, I'm in Brussels, as is Cedric Lood (who I think is on this list) and a few other folks at Hackerspace Brussels who have been on iGEM teams before.

I'm going to be in Berlin for a workshop all next week, but how about meeting up the week after that?

Cheers,
--mlp

李玙 [ LI YU ]

Mar 24, 2015, 3:24:37 PM3/24/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Super!!
@Meredith, I didn't knew you are on the list, sorry that I randomly put your name in "massive" size :p
I will be in Brussels in the middle or end of next month(April), these two weekends : 18-19, 25-26. Or other weekend later.
Maybe we could orgnize a meet up with biohacking ppls in Brussels during those days?
Have a nice trip in Berlin BTW! :)

Cheers,

DIYbio Belgium

Mar 26, 2015, 12:47:42 PM3/26/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com

I'm Jonathan the founder of the DIYbio Belgium community (www.diybio.be) (thanks 李玙 ;-) )

We are in Nivelles near Bruxelles and yes we have a lab ;-) The next meeting is soon! You are welcome!

http://www.diybio.be/index.php/fr/actualites/32-meeting-diybio-belgium

Don't hesitate to like our Facebook page and become a member! https://fr-fr.facebook.com/pages/DIYbio-Belgium/180174662122017

李玙 [ LI YU ]

Mar 26, 2015, 12:56:13 PM3/26/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Jonathan! Great to hear from you! Will try to visit your lab later next month!  :)

Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.

Antoine Delhaye

Mar 29, 2015, 1:13:45 PM3/29/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Just realized the meeting was yesterday… Missed it! How was it? What did you discuss?
Li Yu, Meredith (?), a meeting at some point would be nice, but I can't do on these weekends. Are you going to be in Brussels during the week at some points?

Hope to see you guys soon,

Antoine

Cedric Lood

Apr 6, 2015, 5:35:36 PM4/6/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hey all, just saw your messages.. let me know if you meet again in the near future. I am often in Leuven for the moment (I study bioinformatics there), but would love to meet you guys and see who is working on what.

Meredith L. Patterson

Apr 7, 2015, 6:08:16 AM4/7/15
to DIYBio Mailing List
I'm back in Brussels for the rest of the month -- what about getting something together this week? How does Thursday evening sound?

Cheers,
--mlp

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.

Antoine Delhaye

Apr 7, 2015, 6:41:02 AM4/7/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Thursday evening should work for me!

李玙 [ LI YU ]

Apr 7, 2015, 7:18:38 AM4/7/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Oh....
I'm unable to be there this Thursday...After 20 is ok for me...Maybe meet your people next time!

Meredith L. Patterson

Apr 7, 2015, 7:41:08 AM4/7/15
to DIYBio Mailing List
Would another day be better? I just tossed that out to get the conversation started; I work from home so my schedule's pretty flexible. I live in the city center and have a pretty big living room, so that's certainly available as a meeting place.

Cheers,
--mlp

李玙 [ LI YU ]

Cedric Lood

Apr 7, 2015, 8:45:19 AM4/7/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Thursday won't work for me either, but if we can make something happen later in April, I'm game (esp. during weekends).

Best,

Meredith L. Patterson

Apr 7, 2015, 9:29:25 AM4/7/15
to DIYBio Mailing List
How about Sunday, then?

Cheers,
--mlp

Antoine Delhaye

Apr 8, 2015, 8:57:53 AM4/8/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Sunday evening works for me as well, but I think Li Yu and Cedric would prefer later in April (or have I misunderstood?)

李玙 [ LI YU ]

Apr 8, 2015, 9:05:42 AM4/8/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hey Antoine,

I'm unable to join this Sunday evening, but It will be more convenient for me in later April.
I think Cedric maybe the same?

Maybe you people could meet first , and we could organise a 2nd meet up all together in end of April. :)

李  璵   [ LI  YU ]
FB  /  Skype  /  Twitter :
   C R A Z Y P U L S A R
 Spatial-X|Gliese 832 c| - Time-X|A.D. 2217|
[FR] +33 (0)787 824 168
[CH] +41 (0)789 072 515
[CN] +86 1560 160 7641
http://crazypulsar.net/(Design & Art )
http://spaceseeed.com(Space seed project)

Cedric Lood

Apr 8, 2015, 9:19:25 AM4/8/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Yup, end of the month for me - like Sunday the 26th? If you organize something earlier I may be able to swing by (not sure though). Also, I would need to check if we wouldn't be disturbing at FoAM, but we maybe could meet there.. that'd be nice.

@Meredith, that will finally give me an opportunity to return to you the keys of the lab and catch up a bit.

Best,

李玙 [ LI YU ]

Antoine Delhaye

Apr 10, 2015, 9:59:14 AM4/10/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Sunday 26 is it then? late afternoon/evening?

李玙 [ LI YU ]

Apr 10, 2015, 10:23:06 AM4/10/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
26 Sunday sounds good for me, what about late afternoon?
We could have a 2nd meeting that day.

李  璵   [ LI  YU ]
FB  /  Skype  /  Twitter :
   C R A Z Y P U L S A R
 Spatial-X|Gliese 832 c| - Time-X|A.D. 2217|
[FR] +33 (0)787 824 168
[CH] +41 (0)789 072 515
[CN] +86 1560 160 7641
http://crazypulsar.net/(Design & Art )
http://spaceseeed.com(Space seed project)

Meredith L. Patterson

Apr 18, 2015, 3:46:12 PM4/18/15
to DIYBio Mailing List
OK, at this point I am crassly assuming that people interested in Brussels DIYbio are coming over to my place on Sunday the 26th in the afternoon. How about 2pm?

I'd rather not put the address of my apartment on a publicly archived mailing list if that's ok, so please email me for the location.

Cheers,
--mlp

DIYbio Belgium

Apr 26, 2015, 7:59:10 AM4/26/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
If you are interested there is a meeting in Brussels this week

http://www.cafenumerique.org/bruxelles/event/biohackers/

It's in French but you are welcome!

Meredith L. Patterson

Apr 26, 2015, 8:07:00 AM4/26/15
to DIYBio Mailing List
Rats, that's the day I have to leave for the US for a month, and the topics sound really interesting, too!

Also, I never heard back from anyone regarding time, it's 2pm, and only one person emailed to get the address. Is anyone planning on meeting today?

Cheers,
--mlp

Learn more at www.diybio.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.

李玙 [ LI YU ]

Apr 27, 2015, 6:29:56 AM4/27/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Ohch, I was in Paris this weekend with the Biohacker space here, they are launching a La Paillasse Ocean program, so I was there. But I'm available to join the one in Brussels this week!

@Meredith: are you still there?

@Antoine &  Cedric: Maybe this time is good for meet up.

Cheers,

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.

Yann

Apr 29, 2015, 8:16:16 AM4/29/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Interested in meeting you. I will be at the café numérique this Wednseday, hope to see you there!

Yann-Aël

Cedric Lood

Apr 29, 2015, 8:22:46 AM4/29/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hey, I met with Meredith this week end, and would have loved to meet with you today but I'm not in Brussels unfortunately.

Hope we'll get another chance to get together soon,

李玙 [ LI YU ]

Apr 29, 2015, 9:44:39 AM4/29/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Seems pretty complex to get everybody together (at the same place).
Do you think a Skype together would be better(at the same time ^^).

Antoine Delhaye

Apr 29, 2015, 11:53:20 AM4/29/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
I’ll also be at the cafe numeric tonight!

Rolando

May 3, 2015, 10:06:06 AM5/3/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

i was in cafénumérique too, and it was a good presentation.
What do you think?

I'm very excited to start some projects with Diybio belgium
I hope we can share some ideas ;-)

rol

李玙 [ LI YU ]

May 6, 2015, 3:02:37 PM5/6/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Here is a link from Urs Gaudenz.
Pretty complete document to build an open source genetic lab...&equipment.

李玙 [ LI YU ]

May 16, 2015, 6:58:32 AM5/16/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hello Dear biohacking community,

I will meet two friends in the evening of 25 May in Brussels, Angelo Vermeulen and Michka Mélo.  We are interested to meet more ppls who are active  in biohacking area in Belgium.

We haven't decide for the location yet, maybe FoAM? But will be start around 19:30.

Let me know if one of you want to join us !

PS: Excuse me for not presented last time in cafe numerique, some reasons that I can't come and join.

Best regards,

Li Yu