2019 - 2020 Conferences/Summits/Expos

S James Parsons Jr

Jun 16, 2019, 4:24:53 PM6/16/19
to DIYbio
Hello DIYbio community,  I'm looking for worldwide biotech conferences, symposiums, summits, and expos that would be good for citizen scientists, biohackers, DIYBio, and startup scene.  Here is my list so far.  Can anyone recommend others?

May 2019
    BIO international Convention 6/3/2019 in Philadelphia PA
June 2019

July 2019
    NewHarvest    7/19/2019    Cambridge, MA
August 2019
    BIOHACK THE PLANET    8/31/2019    Las Vegas, NV
September 2019
    Bosten BioTech Week    9/11/2019    Bosten, MA
October 2019
    SynBioBeta 2019    10/1/2019    San Fransisco, CA
November 2019

December 2019

January 2020
    Biofabricate Summit    12/TBT/2019    New York, NY
February
    BDYHAX 2/TBT/2020 Austin, TX
March 2020

April 2020

May 2020
    OpenTechSummit    May/TBT/2020    Berlin, Germany

Mac Davis

Jun 16, 2019, 4:50:28 PM6/16/19
to diy...@googlegroups.com
BDYHAX is cancelled next year

Learn more at www.diybio.org
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/c70b46bf-2353-4656-8979-0f7914f1ce07%40googlegroups.com.

S James Parsons Jr

Jun 16, 2019, 8:01:03 PM6/16/19
to diy...@googlegroups.com
That’s disappointing, poor turnout lat year?

Sent from my iPad

Koeng

Jun 17, 2019, 12:54:53 PM6/17/19
to DIYbio
Biosummit and iGem are good

Mac Davis

Jun 17, 2019, 1:58:01 PM6/17/19
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Yeah they just lost money three years in a row and the financier decided to cut it off even though it was awesome.
Learn more at www.diybio.org
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/diybio.

Maria Chavez

Jun 17, 2019, 2:37:53 PM6/17/19
to diy...@googlegroups.com
FYI BioSummit requires you apply soon.  So if you want to go get those applications in!

S James Parsons Jr

Jun 17, 2019, 2:45:16 PM6/17/19
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Is iGem a competition/jamboree, do I need to make a biobrick to participate?

Koeng

Jun 17, 2019, 3:13:04 PM6/17/19
to DIYbio
You can pay a price to just visit it, though I've just sneaked in before (if you walk confidently the guards tend not to notice)
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups DIYbio group. To post to this group, send email to diy...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diy...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/diybio?hl=en

Learn more at www.diybio.org