in vitro CRISPR

Andreas "Mega" Stuermer

Apr 28, 2019, 6:15:16 PM4/28/19
to DIYbio
Hi!

I remember a friend saying that the CRISPR-Cas9 protein can actually use ssDNA guides as opposed to RNA guides. Citation needed.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Considering this for science workshop, because if you are doing it in vitro, you don't get genetically modified organisms, and you can do it at any high school without a governmentally certified lab in Europe.

Thanks!

Yuriy

Apr 29, 2019, 11:44:02 AM4/29/19
to DIYbio
google DNA guide CRISPR + add cas9, if you want.

I must admit I thought you meant NgAgo (Argonaute) based CRISPR system but it looks like there really is a partial DNA based Cas9 guide system, with less off target activity than a simple CRISPR-Cas9.

thanks for luring people to a new study on the subject.