Kluyveromyces lactis - Anyone currently working with the yeast

Andreas "Mega" Stuermer

May 26, 2018, 5:34:31 PM5/26/18
to DIYbio
Hi, as the title says, wondering if someone had a sample to share

Nathan McCorkle

May 30, 2018, 4:54:44 AM5/30/18
to diybio
I know NEB sells it as part of their protein expression kit... as I got one once as a part of a bunch of free products I won from them, but never used it and it was left in a university freezer that I believe experienced a power loss later. Do we need to start a collection to get you started? I have some relatively easy projects (major assumption) that I was planning to use k.lactis as the main host, so I'm interested. I couldn't figure out a better way to keep the plasmid stable in subculture aside from using the acetamide selection NEB sells in the pKlac1 plasmid.

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups DIYbio group. To post to this group, send email to diy...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/diybio?hl=en
Learn more at www.diybio.org
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/a462f36e-9444-47f7-bed9-e50b7195758a%40googlegroups.com.

-Nathan

Andreas "Mega" Stuermer

May 30, 2018, 7:32:45 AM5/30/18
to DIYbio
I got two interested groups overseas, maybe 3. Overseas collaboration because GMO laws here don't allow indie research. Also have pKlac2 somewhere, we could have it amplified.

Andreas "Mega" Stuermer

May 30, 2018, 7:36:36 AM5/30/18
to DIYbio
Buying a commercial maxiprep is like 100$, split it into 100 tubes, and we can share with any collaborators. Will have to read the contract if this is allowed.

The yeast kit isn't cheap but it comes with 5 reactions. Have you used that system before?