Plant genetic transformation visible marker help

Tom De Medts

Aug 13, 2019, 5:49:07 PM8/13/19
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks!

Would any of you happen to have plasmid DNA constructs that work as visible markers of plant genetic transformation, without the need for complicated equipment for screening fluorescent (GFP, DsRed, mCherry etc) protein screening OR without the need for destructive assay like the traditional GUS staining protocol ?

Something like
RNAi against phytogene desaturase - bleached, white leaves
and / or
overexpression of anthocyanin - purple colored plant tissues
would be idea.

Please let me know. Any and all ideas welcome! Thanks, in advance.

Cheers,
Tom

Andreas "Mega" Stuermer

Sep 13, 2019, 1:16:54 PM9/13/19
to DIYbio
What do you want to do? I heard of a psbA mutant that is not green (heard of it many years ago, maybe it was another gene). So it could be selection marker plus visual marker,

Besides that pCambia1302 is a standard go-to. They sell it online for 100 bucks I think, but someone in your country might have some as well so shipping may be cheaper