Agrobacterium strains

Tom De Medts

Jan 21, 2020, 3:11:44 PM1/21/20
to DIYbio
Dear DIYbio community members,

For my experiments, I need 2 strains of Agrobacterium tumefaciens strains please. Those strains are
1. C58, and
2. LBA4404
(not any other unrelated strains EHA105 or AGL1 etc., at this point).

If anyone in this group has one or both strains that they can share as a gift, could you please ping me back, so I can share my mailing address (in Virginia).

I am happy to pay for shipping by USPS, or a courier service like UPS or FEDEX.

Please let me know. And thanks, in advance.

Cheers,
TdM

Reginald Smith

Jan 22, 2020, 7:01:07 AM1/22/20
to DIYbio
I didn't see any of these strains in the  NRRL catalog but there was one important note you should be aware of regarding transport (as well as anyone who is going to be a donor):

This strain is a regulated plant pathogen. An APHIS PPQ 526 permit is required for distribution in the United States.