About The Brainwave control:

Thomas Liu

Feb 26, 2014, 2:22:09 AM2/26/14
to diy...@googlegroups.com
My name is Thomas Liu, i am Hong Kong Institute of Education student, i do my final project About use the Brainwave control to control phone calls switch , but i test the waveform is not stable, and i not have other brain wave to contrast, I am not currently have any clue, can give me some proposal?

Mega [Andreas Stuermer]

Feb 26, 2014, 10:54:46 AM2/26/14
to diy...@googlegroups.com
I love such projects, controlling everything with your mind. However, I have to admit I never did any research about this...

scoc...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2014, 10:57:37 AM2/26/14
to diybio
Have you tried the NIA neural impulse actuator or the emotive headset or cyberlink's brianfingers? They offer an EEG variant that you may want to look into although from personal work with brain controlled prosthetics (undergrad robotics project), getting any stable waveform is tricky and needs to be assessed ad hoc. Each person learns how to “control” a certain “brainwave” differently and some training regimes involve taking an EEG snapshot of the persons brain activity while they think of performing a certain task or the word itself. If you think of the word, the speech association area of the brain activates which is a smaller area than the visual cortex. You may have more luck if you try to visualize the action and use the larger brain area as a reference for the activity. Either way EEG is prone to noise… especially if the person is moving around. Facial muscle signal is 1000x more powerful than brain waves so picking that out among the background will be difficult.

The most reliable trigger Ive used is the jaw muscle clench like when you bite down on your teeth. That can actually be controlled quite precisely. I’ve managed to play a few good games of Pong against the AI and did well with just changing the pressure on my jaw. That could be used to answer a call since most people don't bite down all the way when they chew or talk.

Here are some links:

Sent from Windows Mail

Learn more at www.diybio.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/94c0430d-8b1b-41bf-ab0b-ddb94add0586%40googlegroups.com.

Jonathan BISSON

Feb 26, 2014, 11:13:14 AM2/26/14
to Thomas Liu, diy...@googlegroups.com
You may have a look at hackaday, they often show some mind-reading
related projects.

Especially this one:
http://hackaday.com/2014/02/07/thumbs-down-songs-on-pandora-with-your-mind/

Which looks like you may be able to use it almost directly for your
project.

There are also more "complex" things:
http://hackaday.com/2013/05/23/herd-single-cell-organisms-with-your-mind/

Mac Davis

Feb 27, 2014, 2:08:06 PM2/27/14
to diy...@googlegroups.com
I am willing to sell my emotiv eeg headset right now—never used. Software packages must be bought separately or hacked from the python library available online. Email privately if interested!

Learn more at www.diybio.org
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.