Great resource for non-academics and academics alike

Casey M

Sep 6, 2022, 11:07:43 PM9/6/22
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Dear All

Ran across this FREE excellent academic platform called figbox I would like to share with everyone. Click here: https://figbox.co/

From what I have experienced fIgbox allow non-academics (e.g people working in the industry but passionate about research, e.g. biology ) early career researchers (e.g., postdocs, professors) and junior scholars (undergraduates, masters and phd students) the ability support each other through the exchange of feedback and academic content in the following categories:

    General career advice
    PhD admissions/application advice
    Thesis selection/ literature review
    Quantitative and qualitative analyses
    Methodological approach and design
    Feedback on working scholarship/grant
    Feedback on working paper
    Feedback on working thesis
    Submission/publication advice
    Replying to referee reviews from journal
    Handling academic conflicts
    Transitioning from academia into the industry

Check it out, you may find it useful.

Best Regards,
Casey, PhD Student in Biology

Dan Kolis

Sep 7, 2022, 4:43:20 PM9/7/22
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for posting this. I read ther blurb. I guess the idea the directive are somehow limited to 10 people makes it hard for mwe to visualize a blog in the usual sense. I don't like to spread the me creds too thin, either.

If you have a coog experience qwith this thing, maybe a note about ti here might be helpful.

Thanks ... its interesting.

Learn more at www.diybio.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/CAN_cChe5D7O5hPUhKjGK_rg6AatG5O_XJb_ScWd_omgri_y96g%40mail.gmail.com.