Seeking accessible software for Nanobiotech/Nanotech design

Dan Wray

Jan 19, 2020, 11:07:56 PM1/19/20
to DIYbio

            Hello, I'm an amateur inventor looking to discover some software for biomolecule and nanomachine design or at the very least find out the process that professionals use besides using software for designing these things. I've had mild success in finding software for nanotech design, however I have found no accessible software for biomolecule design. I don't know if I'm just not searching the right terms or if it even exists at this point. Luckily, I found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2vXsnlHXcA , which has helped me find this group. Additional request for information are if no one could help with this to get me into contact with someone who can help me access these things, such as Raymond McCauley himself. (from the TED talk video linked) (he has information to contact him but it won't work)

D Griffis

Jan 20, 2020, 12:52:05 AM1/20/20
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hello, my name is Daniel. I have a Bachelor in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. And an Associate in Computer Sciences and Networking. I'm currently a Wireless Networking Engineer and I am releasing my own line of 3D Printers and CNC's with my own developed software. I have been tinkering with microbots and AI software to complete tasks and coordinate together. Text me at 4793053875 if interested.

Learn more at www.diybio.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/064fd8ae-1d8d-4f8c-a706-aedbde5c3748%40googlegroups.com.

S James Parsons Jr

Jan 20, 2020, 7:09:26 AM1/20/20
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Depends on what you mean, let’s break down biomolecule into proteins and molecules. Proteins (polypeptides) are strings of amino acids coded by nucleic acids.  And molecules are a group of atoms bonded together.

An example is Luciferase and Luciferin in bioluminescence.  Luciferase is a protein and Luciferin is a molecule.

For modeling of proteins or molecules use JMol or PyMOL

For animating proteins or molecules use bioBlender

To code amino acids for protein fabrication use SnapGene

For protein folding and energy calculations use FoldX

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone

Nad Yar

Jan 20, 2020, 9:39:41 AM1/20/20
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Ty! This is very enlightening since I'm just getting into this, will be sure to follow your recommendations. :)

Dan Wray

Jan 24, 2020, 12:27:50 PM1/24/20
to DIYbio
I might take you up on that offer eventually fyi. However, I'm currently working to just understand the biological side of my interests.

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups DIYbio group. To post to this group, send email to diy...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diy...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/diybio?hl=en

Learn more at www.diybio.org