Boinc's Rosetta@home Vs. Folding@home

California916

Apr 21, 2020, 7:02:17 PM4/21/20
to DIYbio

There are two groups right now that are in the race to fight COVID-19, Right Now I am running both boinc and Folding at home as a test though on how many work units can my computers process in these projects though. I know Folding at home processes only one calculation at a time while Boinc does multiple processes at the same time though for Rosetta though. Which ones do you prefer when you run a system like Boinc?

California916

Apr 21, 2020, 11:39:54 PM4/21/20
to DIYbio

Here is a video review on BOINC's Rosetta @ home and Folding at Home comparisons.

California916

Apr 27, 2020, 2:32:10 AM4/27/20
to DIYbio
http://www.rnaworld.de/rnaworld/

Note Boinc also manages two other computer projects in relation to biology besides Rosetta@home, These two groups are called RNA World and GPU Grid.

Also there is a group called Fold it where they do puzzles on the Proteins arrangement too.

California916

May 22, 2020, 11:05:32 PM5/22/20
to DIYbio

Biology Discussions