$50,000 in funding for companies tackling the coronavirus

Jiwon Moon

Mar 31, 2020, 7:58:46 PM3/31/20
to DIYbio
Hi everyone :)

My name is Jiwon and I run XX, a 12-week accelerator program that invests in super early founders.

We're funding $50K in companies tackling the coronavirus and I thought many people at DIYbio must be working on projects creatively solving for the crisis.

We also pair founders with super experienced founders who'll help build fast and grow.

Happy to answer anyone's questions! Our deadline is this Friday, April 3rd and I hope many from DIYbio apply!

Jiwon

Sean Rowshandel

Mar 31, 2020, 8:24:18 PM3/31/20
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Do you need to already be involved with or own a company to apply?

Haley Sales

Mar 31, 2020, 10:25:41 PM3/31/20
to DIYbio
I'm working on an economic solution at the moment. Improving infrastructural trust.

Tyler Quarton

Apr 1, 2020, 10:28:03 AM4/1/20
to DIYbio
Hi Jiwon!
Thanks for sharing this great opportunity you are providing! I have a few questions:

When I tried to navigate to "XX accelerator" via google, I see there is an immigrant specific San Francisco wing of XX (love the concept). Is this the program you are referencing or is there a link specific to this April 3rd COVID related application?
If yes, is there opportunity for a non-immigrant founder to apply? I'd love to see the term sheet or just learn a bit more about the arrangement as well!

Thanks so much for putting this out there! I'm sure many of our community are interested.

Best,
Tyler Quarton

boj Ko

Apr 3, 2020, 6:58:03 AM4/3/20
to DIYbio
Thank you  ma`am Jiwon Moon -  for the proposal. But in such a short time it is absurd to prepare a proposal related to solutions to such a difficult task, since even preparing a high-quality application and describing the ways of working on this project is a minimum of two weeks of work.

Faiz Ikramulla

Apr 3, 2020, 7:23:11 AM4/3/20
to diy...@googlegroups.com
c'est la vie!