If you want to start a community DIYbio lab in your city...

Seth Donnelley

Mar 26, 2019, 9:48:10 PM3/26/19
to diy...@googlegroups.com
To anyone interesting in starting a community lab in your city and you don't already have one: I help DIY biologists to start a sustainable community lab in less than a month, and get started on the projects they dream of completing, by helping them gather a team of exceptional, like-minded individuals, building an unshakable organizational structure, and drafting a roadmap to financial sustainability. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

Flei Gu

Aug 19, 2019, 2:45:01 AM8/19/19
to DIYbio
Hi Seth
  I am such in the synbio,but i am not that major,and my city haven't the lab like diybio.
  Do you have any suggestion about how to starting a lab,and any book recommend about myself to know more about synbio?
  Thanks a lot.

在 2019年3月27日星期三 UTC+8上午9:48:10,Seth Donnelley写道:

Dan Todd

Aug 19, 2019, 7:29:10 AM8/19/19
to DIYbio
Hi Seth,

My name's Dan, I live in Newcastle England, - I've been interested in starting a local DIY bio group for a while, but had trouble getting it off the ground. Id be interested, could you provide assistance please?

Cheers

Dan

S James Parsons Jr

Aug 19, 2019, 7:54:46 AM8/19/19
to diy...@googlegroups.com
For a traditional molecular biology lab your looking at a cost roughly $30,000 new. However, that’s unrealistic for the DIYbio community. How much are you looking to spend for your DIYbio lab?

James
> --
> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups DIYbio group. To post to this group, send email to diy...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diybio+un...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/diybio?hl=en
> Learn more at www.diybio.org
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/37bb9627-d5c8-4a10-858e-d8f3ca176a4a%40googlegroups.com.

Andrey Samokhvalov

Jun 3, 2020, 8:35:55 AM6/3/20
to DIYbio
Hey Seth, what is the way to contact you? We are working on DIY lab in Moscow.

boj Ko

Jun 22, 2020, 7:45:45 AM6/22/20
to DIYbio

Good day Mr Set , we work at a medical university in Odessa, and yes we dream of our small laboratory, the main direction in which we worked was the ability to create fake parcels for cells as a cartridge for drug delivery. (And then, by accumulating SIDS, we could only heat the cell formations we need.)

среда, 27 марта 2019 г., 3:48:10 UTC+2 пользователь Seth Donnelley написал:
Любому, кто заинтересован в создании общественной лаборатории в вашем городе, а у вас ее еще нет: я помогаю биологам-самодеятельным специалистам организовать устойчивую общественную лабораторию менее чем за месяц и приступить к реализации проектов, о которых они мечтают, помогая им собрать команду исключительных единомышленников, создать непоколебимую организационную структуру и составить план действий по обеспечению финансовой устойчивости. Дайте мне знать, если вы заинтересованы. Спасибо!

Alexandra P

Jun 28, 2020, 1:28:20 PM6/28/20
to DIYbio
Hi Seth! How can I contact you?

Fork Face

Jun 28, 2020, 5:36:46 PM6/28/20
to diy...@googlegroups.com

Yes! I need your help for this!

Learn more at www.diybio.org

Alexandra P

Jul 1, 2020, 2:29:02 AM7/1/20
to DIYbio
Seems thread is dead

среда, 27 марта 2019 г., 10:48:10 UTC+9 пользователь Seth Donnelley написал:
To anyone interesting in starting a community lab in your city and you don't already have one: I help DIY biologists to start a sustainable community lab in less than a month, and get started on the projects they dream of completing, by helping them gather a team of exceptional, like-minded individuals, building an unshakable organizational structure, and drafting a roadmap to financial sustainability. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

S James Parsons Jr

Jul 1, 2020, 8:15:40 AM7/1/20
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Fork,  I can help.  Where are you located?

Seems thread is dead

Learn more at www.diybio.org

FF242

Jul 1, 2020, 10:15:33 PM7/1/20
to diy...@googlegroups.com
That would be amazing! I live in downtown Olympia, Wa. I have some equipment, (Centrifuge, microscope, RT-PCR machine, electrophoresis setup, hot/stir plate, flasks, pipettes, etc...) so I wouldn't be completely empty handed. Any ideas or help would be very appreciated!
Thanks!

Matt Woslum

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

California916

Jul 8, 2020, 11:11:18 AM7/8/20
to DIYbio
You need bioengineering and biology professors from the colleges in your area to support the DIY Lab in your area.

On Monday, August 19, 2019 at 4:54:46 AM UTC-7, S James Parsons Jr wrote:
For a traditional molecular biology lab your looking at a cost roughly $30,000 new.  However, that’s unrealistic for the DIYbio community.  How much are you looking to spend for your DIYbio lab?

James

> On Aug 19, 2019, at 6:13 AM, Dan Todd <brillianttec...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Seth,
>
> My name's Dan, I live in Newcastle England, - I've been interested in starting a local DIY bio group for a while, but had trouble getting it off the ground. Id be interested, could you provide assistance please?
>
> Cheers
>
> Dan
>
> --
> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups DIYbio group. To post to this group, send email to diy...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diy...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/diybio?hl=en
> Learn more at www.diybio.org
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.

Nora Jameson

Jul 8, 2020, 11:44:41 AM7/8/20
to diy...@googlegroups.com
or local industry and non profits (museums or enrichment programs for students tend to have access to this lab stuff) support is helpful too- community colleges also have labs- not just the local universities, so support from science faculty at CC could be beneficial too.

Learn more at www.diybio.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/19b38ae7-369d-4dce-aa83-db6a5b2c8ce9o%40googlegroups.com.

--
Nora E Jameson MSc