I have a plasmid I need from a paper- but I need help in having it constructed. Please help :)

GFP4Me

Jun 29, 2015, 6:35:04 PM6/29/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm looking to use the exact plasmid as written in a paper ... http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S108718450400180X

But my genetics background is fairly limited. The plasmid is written out in the paper, but I am looking to be able to have it possibly created for me. I'm looking for someone to help me get to the point where I can purchase it online.

The plasmid is referred to in the paper as pGR4-4iGM3' , and also as pUGiGM3'.

Thanks for any responses,
GFP4Me

Mega [Andreas Stuermer]

Jun 29, 2015, 7:03:35 PM6/29/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
If you have the sequence, you can have it synthesized for ~200$ to 800$ (depending, if you want the promoters and terminators synthesized alomg with it)

Koeng

Jun 29, 2015, 11:58:07 PM6/29/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
You can create it yourself, but it's pretty much exponentially easier to just ask for the plasmid. Unless you want the task of painfully recloning a plasmid, I would recommend you do that.

-Koeng

SC

Jun 30, 2015, 5:05:17 PM6/30/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Koeng is right; contact the author and ask.   It would help to tell him what you want it for, and that you would share authorship on any paper that comes out of your work.

We call that process "clone by phone."

Yuriy

Jul 2, 2015, 2:12:53 AM7/2/15
to diy...@googlegroups.com
I am having trouble viewing the article. What's on the plasmid?