405nm laser supposedly treating acne and nail fungus

608 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Nathan McCorkle

ungelesen,
28.08.2012, 11:56:4828.08.12
an diybio
two guys reporting positive results on pg 2 of this forum post
(linked)... one for acne, one for curing toe fungus
http://laserpointerforums.com/f38/using-405nm-laser-treat-acne-68626-2.html

"
I don't know about treating acne but I used my ~100mW 405 on a toenail
fungus infection on my left great toe with teriffic success. I had
read about how toxic some of the prescription treatments are so I
thought I'd try some very intense near UV light on the fungus. I
played the unfocused laser output on the infected area of the toenail
once a day for a week then I waited for the nail to grow out and
sunuvagun if the nail didn't grow out normally without the
discoloration and 'knobbyness' the fungus was causing. Ah, the
miracles of coherent light 8-)
"

here is the wikipedia section citing 405nm acne deactivation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propionibacterium_acnes#Photosensitivity

--
Nathan McCorkle
Rochester Institute of Technology

Jeswin

ungelesen,
28.08.2012, 12:15:4128.08.12
an diy...@googlegroups.com
Isn't 100mW a bit high? I thought those were the high power lasers you
can light matches with? Wonder if this may lead to higher chance of
skin cancer in that area?

David Murphy

ungelesen,
28.08.2012, 12:16:3028.08.12
an diy...@googlegroups.com
405 nm sounds like it's at the edge of what would be classed as ionizing radiation.

It might be killing both the organism and his own cells.

Nathan McCorkle

ungelesen,
28.08.2012, 12:32:2228.08.12
an diy...@googlegroups.com
100mW can burn stuff if focused, the toneail guy specifically says 'unfocused'

Nathan McCorkle

ungelesen,
28.08.2012, 12:32:5328.08.12
an diy...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure that's wrong, it's still in the visible light spectrum

Nathan McCorkle

ungelesen,
16.10.2012, 01:53:5516.10.12
an diy...@googlegroups.com
just found this, maybe someone could properly add it to the wikipedia article:
http://archderm.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=418693

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onychomycosis

there are some google patents as well that mention using a
photosensitizer, among which they mentioned crystal violet. so paint
toe in crystal violet, shine with violet laser?

Cathal Garvey

ungelesen,
16.10.2012, 05:25:3916.10.12
an diy...@googlegroups.com
I wonder would it be counterproductive to add crystal violet directly to
the nail, would that not act as a shield? Perhaps paint it on, leave to
penetrate the nail, then remove the surface layer?

Or try to let it soak under the nail from a solution?

Slight beware notice: crystal violet is now known to be a mild
carcinogen, though I think there's an emphasis on "mild". Probably
you're more at risk if you live next to someone who burns coal (or burn
it yourself).
www.indiebiotech.com
twitter.com/onetruecathal
joindiaspora.com/u/cathalgarvey
PGP Public Key: http://bit.ly/CathalGKey

sunny

ungelesen,
16.07.2019, 06:41:0216.07.19
an DIYbio
During the laser treatment, the laser beam will slowly guide through the nail bed. The energy of the laser beam is absorbed by the fungal colonies below. This allows the enzymes in the fungus to continue to grow.  After the treatment, it usually takes 2-3 months to see the results.

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten