DIYbio in South Africa?

Michael Crone

Mar 23, 2014, 5:30:15 AM3/23/14
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone

Anyone interested in DIYbio in South Africa? There was a brief interest at one of the hackerspaces with trying to create auto luminescent plants, but I have't heard much since then. Looking for something in particular that is close to Johannesburg or Pretoria.

Michael

Mega [Andreas Stuermer]

Mar 31, 2014, 2:55:34 PM3/31/14
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael!

Sorry for the late reply...

If you/ they need a pGlowroplast (that makes plant chloroplasts glowing), I can provide it as soon as I got it myself.

Open BioLab Brussels

Feb 22, 2017, 6:15:06 AM2/22/17
to DIYbio
So are there any DIYbio groups in South Africa?

Daniel Grajales

Feb 23, 2017, 8:33:28 AM2/23/17
to DIYbio

Hi Michael,

I know somebody living in Barcelona who was organizing the AIDS museum in South Africa. During the museum opening she showed some of the DIY equipment we had done in Barcelona. She met people interested in making a group in S.A. So, I will forward you her email and maybe she could point you to other contacts interested in making a group.

Best regards,
Daniel