Virus treatment

Cabalen sciences

Jul 4, 2018, 2:21:28 PM7/4/18
to DIYbio
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/science-medicine/2018/06/21/cured-virus-rowlett-woman-receives-experimental-treatment-debilitating-infection

According to this article the patient in question got phage treatment and that virus culture is currently experimental in the USA to go after antibiotic resistant species.

However phages are currently approved in the country in Georgia as noted here.

djwr...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2018, 5:11:58 PM7/4/18
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Great work! Who wants to collaborate? Our labs are more advanced than those from the 1920's. A lot easier curing an infection with phages than curing cancer at the moment.

Each year in the United States, at least 2 million people become infected with bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics and at least 23,000 people die each year as a direct result of these infections. Many more people die from other conditions that were complicated by an antibiotic-resistant infection.

Dan
> --
> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups DIYbio group. To post to this group, send email to diy...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diybio+un...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/diybio?hl=en
> Learn more at www.diybio.org
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/d3841806-b162-4f2f-8134-499a0ff78047%40googlegroups.com.

Matt Lawes

Jul 4, 2018, 5:15:40 PM7/4/18
to diy...@googlegroups.com
My PhD thesis is on bacteriophage infection process and resistance to it in Salmonella. Rope me in... a lot of experience I biotech and in small molecule drug development too.
No time wasters though please, lol!!!
>Matt

Sent from my iPhone