cheap, deep and big flow bench in northern California

John Griessen

Apr 12, 2017, 1:25:26 PM4/12/17
to DIYbio
Saw this at same seller of an electronics instrument I was looking at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/R131581-Baker-SterilGARD-4Ft-Biological-Safety-Cabinet-VBM400-/391561412733
$300/ make offer... U-haul...

Nathan McCorkle

Apr 12, 2017, 4:49:55 PM4/12/17
to diybio
There are similar offers every now and again on my local Craigslist...
I even went to look at one about a month ago. To move it I would
basically need a forklift or maybe a pallet jack (I see a few on
Craigslist for $50 to $200, and at least one for $500). Then there's
moving it... the safest/easiest way probably being to rent a truck
with a lift-gate for about $175 a day (did this once for my SEM,
another time I hired a local automobile tow truck for $50... they had
a flat bed truck that tilted, with a winch at the top... so we could
pull the SEM up the ramp)

It would be a great work experience... but it's a lot of elbow grease
to get and setup (at least when only a single-user is interested).

I'm hoping my $35 Wal-Mart HEPA unit will suffice for my microfluidics
experiments, but it sure would be nice to have a hood.
> Groups "DIYbio" group.
> email to diybio+un...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/1cc99128-6d8d-5505-7702-c8580a1571f1%40industromatic.com.