Tissue culturing any plant

Andreas "Mega" Stuermer

Jul 27, 2018, 8:14:45 AM7/27/18
to DIYbio
Hi guys,

after routinely culturing tobacco for some time, we have been trying some other plants out of the woods. Attached is a short description how to do the hormone assay. Basically it should be possible to clone any given plant on MS medium (ingredients listed) but it is crucial to get the concentrations right.

I do have to say that the sterilization process of 30 seconds in Ethanol and 3 minutes in 35% household bleach seemed too weak - most of the petri dishes still molded, which isn't the case for inside-grown tobacco.

plant tissue culture hormone screening v2 (1).docx

Andreas "Mega" Stuermer

Jul 27, 2018, 8:20:44 AM7/27/18
to DIYbio
Had to edit for clarity
plant tissue culture hormone screening v3.docx

Cabalen sciences

Aug 2, 2018, 7:53:54 AM8/2/18
to DIYbio
https://www.wired.com/story/crispr-tomato-mutant-future-of-food/

Here is an article on Crispr's possible applications on plants.

Andreas "Mega" Stuermer

Aug 2, 2018, 9:00:12 AM8/2/18
to DIYbio
For the sake of Jebuz, don't CRISPR your tissue culture if you live in Europe or you will be imprisoned for making a GMO. Just something to keep in mind