Tecan Robot Initialization Error

Payton Brown

Jun 21, 2021, 7:43:10 PM6/21/21
to DIYbio
Hello,
I was recently tasked with making a fully automatic worklist maker for the Tecan Freedom Evo I am attempting to test my worklist compatibility and the robot will not initialize out of the blue. It worked perfect last Friday and now it has decided to not work. Whenever I press initialize the robot moves the tips slightly and then the alarm sounds and the initialization fails. None of the tips are stuck any suggestions?

-Payton Brown

Rikke Rasmussen

Jun 25, 2021, 11:11:18 AM6/25/21
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Payton,

Hope you've already managed to clear the error - if not, I have a few pointers, and can probably give you more with a little more information.

Let's start with the obvious - have you already power cycled everything? As in, power down the robot, disconnect from circuit, wait to let all caps bleed off, then reconnect and power on.

Next: are there any error messages? If so, can you share screen shots?

Also: if possible, open another method - do you get the same behavior?

Lastly: each of the arms (assuming you have a standard 3-arm config with a RoNa, an MC96 and a LiHa) should be running their own homing routine during initialization - do any of them complete correctly?

Feel free to DM me if you're still stuck.

Cheers,
Rikke

Learn more at www.diybio.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/1740b003-c071-49de-a411-587b23533e30n%40googlegroups.com.

Payton Brown

Jun 25, 2021, 2:47:06 PM6/25/21
to DIYbio
Hello,

Fortunately, I have fixed the error the bioshake drivers were not uploaded correctly and it was causing a freeze of the system.