pH-meters on Alibaba?

JogBio

Jan 25, 2017, 9:56:14 AM1/25/17
to DIYbio
Hello,

I'm looking to buy a pH-meter, with a limited budget and limited offering: mostly I'm looking at things on AliExpress and a local online marketplace Tokopedia, where most models seem to be chinese products anyways.

Does anyone have experience on using any of such chinese models, especially on the price range of 0-50$? Are the very cheapest ones of any use and do they break fast?

Thanks and hello from Yogyakarta, Indonesia

MC

Jan 25, 2017, 3:36:20 PM1/25/17
to DIYbio
I recently got one from Aliexpress. It's the rectangular yellow meter, I think only about $3 or so. I haven't tried it on any calibration solution but so far it seems accurate with generally expected measurements and agrees with pH paper. It's good enough for my purpose, I can't say for any purpose requiring high precision.

Marc Dusseiller

Jan 26, 2017, 12:30:47 AM1/26/17
to DIYbio
hi jogbio!

let's meet! i am in yogya aswell these days and also discussing ph meters for some brewing experiment and geeking with GloFish.
ping me on 0859 3529 5015

i am here with my friends from lifepatch. http://lifepatch.org

greets,
marc