Round 3006 PULLIKINS Defs - Vote Now!

Tim Lodge

Aug 14, 2019, 9:32:02 AM8/14/19
to Dixonary
Apologies for the slight delay - I was distracted becuase a man who is doing a CCTV survey of our drains turned up ealier than I'd expected.  The registration number of his van is POO 4 CAM.

Anyway, enough of that.  Here we have 11 carefully-constructed defsof the word PULLIKINS, only one of which came from my dictionary.  Please vote for your two favourites by public reply to this message, before the deadline of:

09:00 BST on Friday 16th August, which is
08:00 GMT
10:00 CET
 4:00 AM EDT
 1:00 AM PST
20:00 NZST

--  Tim L

 *** PULLIKINS

 1.  loose trousers.

 2.  [Scot.] a diaper.

 3.  another name for SPILLIKINS.

 4.  frantic or excited activity.

 5.  a freight car on a railway. [Eng.]

 6.  forceps or pliers used to extract teeth.

 7.  a specialized come-a-long used in the medical field.

 8.  [S. Brit.] pranks pulled by children on All Hallow's Eve.

 9.  petticoat breeches gathered at the knee; worn by men in mid 17th century Western Europe.

10.  [York. folklore] an imp who picks ripe apples at night, leaving only unripe or misshapen fruit.

11.  loose pantaloons worn by women in the late 19th Century; more popularly known as “bloomers,” after their creator Amelia Jenks Bloomer (1818-1894).

France International/Mike Shefler

Aug 14, 2019, 9:46:53 AM8/14/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
5 and 10 for me.

Guerri Stevens

Aug 14, 2019, 11:05:40 AM8/14/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

I vote for 6 and 9.

On 8/14/2019 9:32 AM, Tim Lodge wrote:
Apologies for the slight delay - I was distracted becuase a man who is doing a CCTV survey of our drains turned up ealier than I'd expected.  The registration number of his van is POO 4 CAM.

 6.  forceps or pliers used to extract teeth.

 9.  petticoat breeches gathered at the knee; worn by men in mid 17th century Western Europe.

Debbie

Aug 14, 2019, 11:23:47 AM8/14/19
to Dixonary
9 and 5 please

~Bending under the weight of His mercies~

This life is temporary. This life is short.  When this life is over, our bodies will die and become empty shells, but our souls will continue to live forever.  Where will the “real you” live?  Will you live for all eternity separated from God?  Or will you spend eternity in the presence of God in heaven?   Learn more so you can make your most important decision:
http://www.godlife.com/gospel/  and  http://www.godlife.com/en/about-christianity

Tim B

Aug 14, 2019, 1:03:46 PM8/14/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
4 and 9, please.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

Efrem G Mallach

Aug 14, 2019, 8:41:15 PM8/14/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Loose trousers both ways, #1 and #11.

Efrem

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

On Aug 14, 2019, at 9:32 AM, Tim Lodge <d...@timlodge.co.uk> wrote:

Apologies for the slight delay - I was distracted becuase a man who is doing a CCTV survey of our drains turned up ealier than I'd expected.  The registration number of his van is POO 4 CAM.

Anyway, enough of that.  Here we have 11 carefully-constructed defsof the word PULLIKINS, only one of which came from my dictionary.  Please vote for your two favourites by public reply to this message, before the deadline of:

09:00 BST on Friday 16th August, which is
08:00 GMT
10:00 CET
 4:00 AM EDT
 1:00 AM PST
20:00 NZST

--  Tim L

 *** PULLIKINS

 1.  loose trousers.

Shani Naylor

Aug 15, 2019, 3:58:06 AM8/15/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
This round reminds me of a Madness song.... I'll vote 1 & 4.

Tony Abell

Aug 15, 2019, 8:14:43 AM8/15/19
to Tim Lodge

Avoiding the breeches, I'll vote for 4 and 8:

> 4. frantic or excited activity.

Ryan McGill

Aug 15, 2019, 7:43:12 PM8/15/19
to Dixonary