Round 2997 vote for OMICK

Mike Shefler

Jul 6, 2019, 10:23:33 AM7/6/19
to Dixonary
Here are 10 definitions for OMICK. Vote for 2 no later than 9 AM, EDT, Monday, July 8.

1.  a glass reflector placed near a window to increase the amount of
light getting in to a room.

2.  a handful.

3.  the title of a priest in the office of the Melchizedek priesthood of
the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

4.  a European cave-dwelling aquatic salamander (Proteus anguinus) with
small eyes covered by skin.

5.  thin dry scales or scabs on the body; dandruff.

6.  a small anchor, especially one made of a stone in a wooden frame.

7.  [Obs.] a chamber lamp or light.

8.  any medicament intended to be applied to the skin.

9.  [Liverpool] 1. an expatriate Irishman; 2. any temporary labourer.

10.  grandmotherly.

Judy Madnick

Jul 6, 2019, 10:29:52 AM7/6/19
to Mike Shefler, dixo...@googlegroups.com
2.  a handful.

10.  grandmotherly.

because they're short. That's not a very good reason, but it's better than nothing when you have no clue!

Judy Madnick
Albany, NY

Jul 6, 2019, 10:34:10 AM7/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
1 and 6 please!

Sent from my iPhone

Debbie

Jul 6, 2019, 10:37:00 AM7/6/19
to Dixonary
1 and 2, cause I'm busy and can't take the time to read the rest. :P

--
~Bending under the weight of His mercies~

This life is temporary. This life is short.  When this life is over, our bodies will die and become empty shells, but our souls will continue to live forever.  Where will the “real you” live?  Will you live for all eternity separated from God?  Or will you spend eternity in the presence of God in heaven?   Learn more so you can make your most important decision:
http://www.godlife.com/gospel/  and  http://www.godlife.com/en/about-christianity

Guerri Stevens

Jul 6, 2019, 10:45:08 AM7/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

I vote for 4 and 8.

On 7/6/2019 10:23 AM, Mike Shefler wrote:
Here are 10 definitions for OMICK. Vote for 2 no later than 9 AM, EDT, Monday, July 8.

4.  a European cave-dwelling aquatic salamander (Proteus anguinus) with
small eyes covered by skin.

Dave Cunningham

Jul 6, 2019, 11:29:22 AM7/6/19
to Dixonary
4 for salamanders and 8 for "medicament"

Dave

Tim Lodge

Jul 6, 2019, 6:24:09 PM7/6/19
to Dixonary
I'll go for the anchor and the Irishman - both pretty unlikely!  That's 6 and 9.

6.  a small anchor, especially one made of a stone in a wooden frame.

9.  [Liverpool] 1. an expatriate Irishman; 2. any temporary labourer.

--  Tim L

nancygoat

Jul 6, 2019, 7:45:55 PM7/6/19
to Dixonary
I'll take 7 and 10.  Didn't even see the announcement on this one.

Nancy

Tony Abell

Jul 6, 2019, 7:48:45 PM7/6/19
to Dixonary

I'll vote for the less popular 2 and 7:

> 2.  a handful.

Shani Naylor

Jul 6, 2019, 11:35:24 PM7/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll vote 2 & 7

2.  a handful.

7.  [Obs.] a chamber lamp or light.

John Barrs

Jul 7, 2019, 6:58:19 AM7/7/19
to Dixonary
#4 and #5 please

JohnnyB

Efrem G Mallach

Jul 7, 2019, 9:47:49 AM7/7/19
to Mike Shefler, Dixonary
For lack of real inspiration, I'll try the vaguely related 1 and 7.

Efrem