Rnd 3157: STOTTING - Call for defs

Johnb - co.uk

Apr 8, 2021, 11:25:03 AM4/8/21
to Dixonarians
Dear People

(blearily through old glasses) here is a possible word for round 3157

STOTTING

Please submit your defs to me johnb AT john-barrs.co.uk before the deadline which shall be  1000 BST on Saturday 10th April and local equivalent times at other places. If you know the word then please inform me ASAP and if there are too many DQ's I shall choose another word

--
JohnnyB

Efrem G Mallach

Apr 8, 2021, 11:50:00 AM4/8/21
to 'France International/Mike Shefler' via Dixonary
As in "I'm stotting to catch on to this game" or "Runners, please come to the stotting line"?

Efrem/nad

amal...@comcast.net

Apr 8, 2021, 12:40:49 PM4/8/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

It’s Boston dialect, but it’s pronounced more like “Stahting.”

Alan

On Apr 8, 2021, at 11:25 AM, Johnb - co.uk <jo...@john-barrs.co.uk> wrote:

Dear People

(blearily through old glasses) here is a possible word for round 3157

STOTTING

Please submit your defs to me johnb AT john-barrs.co.uk before the deadline which shall be  1000 BST on Saturday 10th April and local equivalent times at other places. If you know the word then please inform me ASAP and if there are too many DQ's I shall choose another word

--
JohnnyB

Image removed by sender.

~WRD0000.jpg