Round 3208: DAWT | DAUT [Results]

Paul Keating

Nov 11, 2021, 7:07:44 AM11/11/21
to Dixonary Group

The brief Scots words took it. Johnny Barrs went into an early lead in this round and maintained it against 3 rivals right to the end, scoring 2+5 for

11. Scot. Daughter.

Shani Naylor earned second spot, scoring 2+3 for

 1. Sc. Rotten.

The real definition was also Scots but not listed as such:

 4. To pet, fondle, caress, make much of.

which 3 players guessed.

 1. Sc. Rotten.

Submitted by: Shani Naylor who voted for: 2 & 4

Votes from: Tim Lodge, Judy Madnick, Efrem Mallach

Score: 3+2=5

 2. Yorks. A barn swallow.

Submitted by: Efrem Mallach who voted for: 1 & 6

Vote from: Shani Naylor

Score: 1

 3. A medieval form of butter-churn.

Submitted by: Tim Bourne who voted for: 7 & 11

Vote from: Ann Druce

Score: 1

 4. To pet, fondle, caress, make much of.

Real definition

Votes from: John Barrs, Shani Naylor, Mike Shefler

Score: D3

 5. India. A sub-caste of the labouring class (Shudras) mainly involved in mining and metal-working.

Submitted by: Mike Shefler who voted for: 4 & 6

Vote from: Tim Lodge

Score: 1+2=3

 6. Scottish (chiefly Orkney and Shetland). A place where a boat can be hauled up and kept ashore; spec. a scooped-out trench at the edge of a beach surrounded by a shallow wall of stones. Also boat-daut.

Submitted by: Tim Lodge who voted for: 1 & 5

Votes from: Tony Abell, Ann Druce, Efrem Mallach, Mike Shefler

Score: 4

 7. The forming of a semi-permanent joint between two ropes or two parts of the same rope by partly untwisting and then interweaving their strands.

Submitted by: Debbie Embler who voted for: 9 & 11

Vote from: Tim Bourne

Score: 1

 8. Arch. An enriched angle bead, often having a capital or base, or both.

Submitted by: Dan Widdis who did not vote

 9. A small African egg-eating snake.

Submitted by: Judy Madnick who voted for: 1 & 11

Vote from: Debbie Embler

Score: 1

10. A martial head covering [OE].

Submitted by: Nancy Shepherdson who did not vote

11. Scot. Daughter.

Submitted by: John Barrs who voted for: 4 & 11

Votes from: Tony Abell, John Barrs, Tim Bourne, Debbie Embler, Judy Madnick

Score: 5+2=7

Player

Vote 1

Vote 2

Definition

Scores from votes

Guessed correctly

Total Score

John Barrs

4

11

11

5

2

7

Shani Naylor

2

4

1

3

2

5

Tim Lodge

1

5

6

4

0

4

Mike Shefler

4

6

5

1

2

3

Judy Madnick

1

11

9

1

0

1

Efrem Mallach

1

6

2

1

0

1

Debbie Embler

9

11

7

1

0

1

Tim Bourne

7

11

3

1

0

1

Dan Widdis

8

0

0

Ann Druce

3

6

0

Tony Abell

6

11

0

Nancy Shepherdson

10

0

0

--
Paul Keating
Soustons, Nouvelle Aquitaine, France

Johnb - co.uk

Nov 11, 2021, 11:13:29 AM11/11/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I think I am only 4+2 instead of 5+2 (I voted for myself which isn't to be counted) - still leaves me to deal - word coming shortly

JohnnyB

AVG logo

www.avg.com