Round 3118 - FOTCH Defs Up

Tony Abell

Nov 8, 2020, 10:43:10 AM11/8/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

Find below 13 definitions of fotch, one of which comes from a dictionary. The
remainder come from the fertile imaginations of the players.

Vote for two by way of a public response to this message before the deadline.
You may vote even if you did not submit a definition, but you may NOT vote if you
are disqualified (see the rules at http://www.dixonary.net). The voting deadline
shall be:

Tuesday, 07:00am EST (New York) 10-Nov-2020
Tuesday, 04:00am PST (San Francisco) 10-Nov-2020
Tuesday, 12:00pm GMT (London) 10-Nov-2020
Tuesday, 01:00pm CET (Brussels) 10-Nov-2020
Tuesday, 11:00pm AEDT (Melbourne) 10-Nov-2020
Tuesday 2020-11-10 1200Z

1. A smugly virtuous person.

2. Fetch

3. A hole in the inside of a wooden wheel rim, into which the end of a spoke
is inserted.

4. To move anything a little way from its former place; to lift and lay down
again; to touch a thing frequently.

5. The metal coupling holding together the gears in a clock or other large
clockwork device.

6. Malintent.

7. A candle made of the pith of certain rushes, peeled except on one side, and
dipped in grease.

8. The burrow of a badger, usu. characterized by a large mound of dirt around
the entrance.

9. [Devon dial.] a hay rake.

10. [Arch. Obs.] a unit of light - the product of brightness and duration (Used
by early photographers; 1 fotch is 1 lumen shining for 1 second).

11. A compost heap [OE].

12. A pivoted piece on a helmet between a visor and a beaver.

13. To fidget.

Judy Madnick

Nov 8, 2020, 11:17:45 AM11/8/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
No clue...so I'll go with the one-word definitions.

2. Fetch

and

6. Malintent.

Judy

[...]

Paul Keating

Nov 8, 2020, 11:40:03 AM11/8/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
9 & 13 for me.

Debbie

Nov 8, 2020, 11:50:19 AM11/8/20
to Dixonary
3 and 5

On Sun, Nov 8, 2020, 11:40 AM Paul Keating <dixo...@boargules.com> wrote:
9 & 13 for me.

Daniel B Widdis

Nov 8, 2020, 12:43:02 PM11/8/20
to Dixonary
Pre-coffee I can't count further than one, so 1 and 11 please with an election joke in there somewhere.

France International/Mike Shefler

Nov 8, 2020, 1:08:23 PM11/8/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll go with beavers and badgers - 8 and 12.

Tim Lodge

Nov 8, 2020, 2:38:54 PM11/8/20
to Dixonary
3 and 6 please.

3. A hole in the inside of a wooden wheel rim, into which the end of a spoke
is inserted.

6. Malintent.

--Tim L

Tim Lodge

Tim B

Nov 8, 2020, 5:00:56 PM11/8/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
1 and 13, please.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

nancygoat

Nov 9, 2020, 2:29:43 AM11/9/20
to Dixonary
I'll take 1 and 6, please.

Nancy

amal...@comcast.net

Nov 9, 2020, 7:58:05 AM11/9/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Tony - I like 3 and 12 for no particular reason.
Alan

Efrem G Mallach

Nov 9, 2020, 8:18:36 AM11/9/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
4 and 13 for me this time, please.

Efrem

=======================

On Nov 8, 2020, at 10:43 AM, Tony Abell <he...@isanybodyhome.com> wrote:

Find below 13 definitions of fotch, one of which comes from a dictionary.  The
remainder come from the fertile imaginations of the players.

Vote for two by way of a public response to this message before the deadline.
You may vote even if you did not submit a definition, but you may NOT vote if you
are disqualified (see the rules at http://www.dixonary.net). The voting deadline
shall be:

Tuesday, 07:00am EST (New York) 10-Nov-2020
Tuesday, 04:00am PST (San Francisco) 10-Nov-2020
Tuesday, 12:00pm GMT (London) 10-Nov-2020
Tuesday, 01:00pm CET (Brussels) 10-Nov-2020
Tuesday, 11:00pm AEDT (Melbourne) 10-Nov-2020
Tuesday 2020-11-10 1200Z

 4. To move anything a little way from its former place; to lift and lay down again; to touch a thing frequently.

13. To fidget.

Ryan McGill

Nov 9, 2020, 11:55:17 AM11/9/20
to Dixonary
I'm going to play Oprah. Everyone gets a point. 7 & 10

Shani Naylor

Nov 9, 2020, 2:40:29 PM11/9/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
3 & 5 for me.