Round 3104: GRA [Progress Report]

Paul Keating

Sep 11, 2020, 12:57:52 PM9/11/20
to Dixonary
As of 19h00 CEST, with about 14 hours to the original deadline for submissions, I have submissions from
  • Efrem G Mallach
  • Tim Bourne
  • John Barrs
  • Judy Madnick
  • Dan Widdis
  • Debbie Embler
  • Chris Carson
  • Ryan McGill
I don't think a word has ever been withdrawn for lack of interest before and it's not a precedent I'd be happy to set, so I'm pushing the deadline out to the same time on Sunday 13 September.

Ryan McGill

Sep 11, 2020, 1:23:31 PM9/11/20
to Dixonary
Paul,

I've noticed this happens pretty regularly of late.

Ryan

Efrem G Mallach

Sep 11, 2020, 3:12:09 PM9/11/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I know of at least one player who likes to let the word burble around in his or her head for as long as possible and submits defs close to the deadline (or close to bedtime when a deadline, which is at a reasonable time of day for the dealer, falls during his/her sleeping hours). Said player will now probably let GRA burble for 24 more hours.

Efrem

Paul Keating

Sep 11, 2020, 3:21:55 PM9/11/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Point taken. But to announce an extension a couple of hours before the deadline, at a time that would be in the small hours for the majority of players, struck me as inconsiderate.

Ryan McGill

Sep 11, 2020, 3:40:18 PM9/11/20
to Dixonary
I used to try to let the word burble. But I found that more often than not, it tended to burble away into the void. Apparently, words like to burble in voids more than in my head.

Paul Keating

Sep 12, 2020, 6:21:59 AM9/12/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
There is still the best part of a day to submit your graceless, grand, grating, gratuitous, graveolent, graphic, grangerized, grandiloquent, grammatical, gradely, graceful or gradable definitions for gra to add to those already submitted by
    • Efrem G Mallach
    • Tim Bourne
    • John Barrs
    • Judy Madnick
    • Dan Widdis
    • Debbie Embler
    • Chris Carson
    • Ryan McGill
    • Tim Lodge
    • Shani Naylor
    or to point out my error if your name is not listed.

    Daniel B Widdis

    Sep 12, 2020, 2:00:45 PM9/12/20
    to Dixonary

    Hey, I thought I had a copyright on the alliterative announcements!  😉

    Although including the woid certainly does step it up a notch.

    nancygoat

    Sep 12, 2020, 6:17:54 PM9/12/20
    to Dixonary
    Re-sent because I'm not on your list, although I sent it in yesterday.

    Nancy