2983 SALUTOGENESIS results

Ryan McGill

May 17, 2019, 6:19:33 AM5/17/19
to Dixonary
Greetings all,

Here are your scores. Da Winnah this round is our own Godfather of DQs, Johnny Barrs with a natural 5. The real winner is Christopher Carson, who managed to escape with a natural 4 by cornering the Ma- and She- votes and by having a really nice rolling score.

Breakdown follows.

1. Animal reproduction irrespective of season, but dependent on the parents being in peak physical heath.
by Lodge; who received no votes for no points and voted for 2 & 10; for an unnatural 2.

2. An approach to human health that examines the factors contributing to the promotion and maintenance of physical and mental well-being rather than disease with particular emphasis on the coping mechanisms of individuals which help preserve health despite stressful conditions
by Merriam-Webster; which was voted for by Lodge and which can't vote because it's a dictionary; for a D1.

3. Birth from a male, as of Minerva from Jupiter.
by Cunningham; who received votes from Naylor and Shepherdson and voted 8 & 9; for a natural 2.

4. The designing of a freshwater from seawater process.
by Naylor; who received votes from Embler and Madnick and voted 3 & 5; for a natural 2.

5. The evolutionary process by which sexual dimorphism appears.
by Mallach; who received votes from Bourne and Naylor and voted 10 & 13; for a natural 2.

6. The first occurrence of liability or criminal behavior alleged in a court case.
by Shepherdson; who received no votes and voted 3 & 13; for no points.

7. A function of N arguments that is considered as a function of one argument which returns another function of N-1 arguments.
by Widdis; who received no votes and voted 10 & 14; for no points.

8. [zool.] In some animal species, particularly primates, a greeting by the father to a new baby that appears to be significant in the treatment of the baby by other members of the group.
by Bourne; who received a vote from Cunningham and voted 5 & 9; for a natural 1.

9. In some versions of creation science, the method by which new species appear.
by Shefler; who received votes from Bourne, Carson, Cunningham, and Stevens and voted 11 & 13; for a natural 4.

10. [obs.] The mystical process once believed to produce pearls in oysters.
by Barrs; who received votes from Carson, Embler, Lodge, Mallach, and Widdis and was DQ; for a natural 5.

11. The order in which minerals occurring together in rocks and veins have developed.
by Madnick; who received a vote from Shefler and voted 4 & 13; for a natural 1.

12. The practice of of displaying and saluting the flag on certain occasions.
by Stevens; who received no votes and voted 9 & 14; for no points.

13. The process of chemical and physical change in deposited sediment during its conversion to rock.
by Carson; who received votes from Madnick, Mallach, Shefler, and Shepherdson and voted 9 & 10; for a natural 4.

14. The surgery that corrects being tongue-tied.
by Embler; who received votes from Stevens and Widdis and voted 4 & 10; for a natural 2.

And next time, I'll try to schedule the deadline at a time when my partner doesn't need the computer for a final. Yeesh. What a bloody week.

Enjoy, everyone!

Ryan

Shani Naylor

May 17, 2019, 7:46:43 AM5/17/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ryan, but I submitted def #10.

Johnb - co.uk

May 17, 2019, 12:11:59 PM5/17/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

and I submitted def   #4 (and was DQ_

JohnnyB

Ryan McGill

May 17, 2019, 12:15:30 PM5/17/19
to Dixonary
Indeed you did. Not sure how I swapped that. So your scores and John’s are swapped. I’ll have to take another look at this, but it appears correct otherwise.

Ryan McGill

May 17, 2019, 4:47:29 PM5/17/19
to Dixonary
Hi Shani,

Are you waiting for a more formal nod that you got the deal? I didn't mean to cast any aspersions on that; as far as I'm concerned, you're good to go.

Ryan

Shani Naylor

May 17, 2019, 5:46:32 PM5/17/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Ryan - it's all good. I couldn't have replied anyway as I was asleep.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/965606c4-99d2-4da5-bb18-67504ea4fc7a%40googlegroups.com.

Shani Naylor

May 17, 2019, 6:22:04 PM5/17/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com