Round 3013 Definitions for Prisencolinensinainciusol

Debbie

Sep 10, 2019, 12:34:37 PM9/10/19
to Dixonary

1.      [nonce]     a "secret ingredient" in a New Zealand television commercial which promises to reduce the price of clothing from a certain company.

2.      a nonce word for a cleaning solution used in the halls of government (Spy, U.S. magazine, 1982)

3.      an acidic forest soil of low fertility, common to the cool, humid areas of North America and Eurasia

4.      a price that is made to appear to be cheap, but is actually not a bargain.

5.      chemical name of an industrial cleanser commonly sold as Prisol

6.      a leached soil formed mainly in cool, humid climates

7.      the sleepy mumble of someone with a hangover

8.      to put into a mixed and disordered condition

9.      gibberish

10.   a cyclodiene chlorinated hydrocarbon pesticide that causes liver disease in animals and is a suspected human carcinogen.

11.   a branch of nuclear physics.

12.   togetherness, harmony. Coined for promotional use by the 1968 World Language Fair.

13.   a proprietary aliphatic solvent used in oil and gas extraction (fracking)

****

Please ignore any errors in punctuation, spelling, formatting, etc. Have your votes emailed in by Thursday morning, Eastern time, around 8 AM.

Thank you.

Tim B

Sep 10, 2019, 1:06:14 PM9/10/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
10 and 11, please.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

Judy Madnick

Sep 10, 2019, 1:14:00 PM9/10/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
2.      a nonce word for a cleaning solution used in the halls of government (Spy, U.S. magazine, 1982)

5.      chemical name of an industrial cleanser commonly sold as Prisol

Judy Madnick
Albany, NY

Efrem G Mallach

Sep 10, 2019, 1:33:17 PM9/10/19
to Dixonary
Sounds chemical-ish to me, though that probably means it isn't. Of those, I'll try 10 and 13.

On Sep 10, 2019, at 12:34 PM, Debbie <chow...@gmail.com> wrote:

10.   a cyclodiene chlorinated hydrocarbon pesticide that causes liver disease in animals and is a suspected human carcinogen.

France International/Mike Shefler

Sep 10, 2019, 3:02:39 PM9/10/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
1 and 2 for me.

nancygoat

Sep 10, 2019, 4:58:46 PM9/10/19
to Dixonary
I'll take chemicals, too: 5 and 13.

Nancy

Dave Cunningham

Sep 10, 2019, 5:39:46 PM9/10/19
to Dixonary
4 and 5 for zero rational basis.

Dave

Shani Naylor

Sep 10, 2019, 7:17:59 PM9/10/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
10 & 13 for me.

Daniel B Widdis

Sep 11, 2019, 12:31:45 AM9/11/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

I believe 12, and 7 should have a word for it, although that word should be much shorter

Tim Lodge

Sep 11, 2019, 5:32:31 AM9/11/19
to Dixonary
Debbie

My def seems to be missing, unless you've combined it with another, which is possible.  I sent

I'll vote for 4 and 5.

4.      a price that is made to appear to be cheap, but is actually not a bargain.

5.      chemical name of an industrial cleanser commonly sold as Prisol

--  Tim L

Debbie

Sep 11, 2019, 8:56:46 AM9/11/19
to Dixonary
Tim, let me take a look .... : (  So sorry!

~Bending under the weight of His mercies~

This life is temporary. This life is short.  When this life is over, our bodies will die and become empty shells, but our souls will continue to live forever.  Where will the “real you” live?  Will you live for all eternity separated from God?  Or will you spend eternity in the presence of God in heaven?   Learn more so you can make your most important decision:
http://www.godlife.com/gospel/  and  http://www.godlife.com/en/about-christianity

Debbie

Sep 11, 2019, 9:06:05 AM9/11/19
to Dixonary
Tim Lodge, Did you get a "Thanks, got it" email from me? I can't locate it on my end.

Guerri Stevens

Sep 11, 2019, 10:51:37 AM9/11/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

I vote vote for 3 and 10.

On 9/10/2019 12:34 PM, Debbie wrote:

3.      an acidic forest soil of low fertility, common to the cool, humid areas of North America and Eurasia

10.   a cyclodiene chlorinated hydrocarbon pesticide that causes liver disease in animals and is a suspected human carcinogen.

Tim Lodge

Sep 11, 2019, 5:29:17 PM9/11/19
to Dixonary
Debbie

No, I didn't get an acknowlegement.  I sent it on Mon 09/09/2019 at 16:22 British Summer Time to your gmail address which I've used sucessfully before.  Spam folder maybe?

--  Tim L

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 2:06:05 PM UTC+1, Debbie wrote:
Tim Lodge, Did you get a "Thanks, got it" email from me? I can't locate it on my end.

Debbie

Sep 11, 2019, 6:06:43 PM9/11/19
to Dixonary
Tim,
I have checked multiple folders and do not see it anywhere!

Tim Lodge

Sep 12, 2019, 5:39:06 AM9/12/19
to Dixonary
Debbie

I've sent you another email to check that I'm using the right address.  Let me know whether you receive it.

--  Tim L

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 5:29 PM Tim Lodge <d...@timlodge.co.uk> wrote:
Debbie

No, I didn't get an acknowlegement.  I sent it on Mon 09/09/2019 at 16:22 British Summer Time to your gmail address which I've used sucessfully before.  Spam folder maybe?

--  Tim L

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 2:06:05 PM UTC+1, Debbie wrote:
Tim Lodge, Did you get a "Thanks, got it" email from me? I can't locate it on my end.

Tim, let me take a look .... : (  So sorry!

Debbie

Sep 12, 2019, 10:11:23 AM9/12/19
to Dixonary
Tim,
Yea me, I finally found it. It was deep in a spam folder. 2 points from Gmail/google buffoons will be awarded to you!

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 5:39 AM Tim Lodge <d...@timlodge.co.uk> wrote:
[...]

Tim Lodge

Sep 12, 2019, 4:37:09 PM9/12/19
to Dixonary