TIME TO VOTE Round 3260 -- Peiskos

Chowie

Jun 21, 2022, 12:31:25 PM6/21/22
to Dixonary

1.      a look; glance.

2.      a bishop's chaplain in the Orthodox church.

3.      [Psychology] mood; temperament, disposition.

4.      An attitude of slightly contemptuous indifference.

5.      [Gk Islands] a vegetable stew served with small fish in filo pastry

6.      a dignified and self-confident manner; graceful composure and tact in handling difficult social situations.

7.      In Polish cookery: a traditional stew of cabbage and meat. [ < Polish ]

8.      [Albania] blood money to settle a feud, especially among relatives.

9.      In ancient Greek drama, a pause in a choral recitation or song during which non-verbal action takes place on stage.

10.   A traditional Greek dish made from a goat's head, originally eaten before Christmas.

11.  a Norwegian word that describes the pleasures of sitting in front of a glowing fire.

PLEASE VOTE BY TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY, AT 5:00 PM EASTERN TIME.

Thanks and good luck!

--
~Bending under the weight of His mercies~
 The words of Zechariah the Prophet, “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on Me, the One they have pierced, and they will mourn for Him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for Him as one grieves for a firstborn son."

Paul Keating

Jun 21, 2022, 1:06:09 PM6/21/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Lots of Greek. Maybe one should follow what appears to be a shared opinion. But ei doesn't look to me like a transliteration Modern Greek, and fish won't do, so that rules out 5 & 10. So I will vote for 2 & 9.

Judy Madnick

Jun 21, 2022, 3:03:25 PM6/21/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
3.     [Psychology] mood; temperament, disposition.
and
11.  a Norwegian word that describes the pleasures of sitting in front of a glowing fire (because it sounds so nice!)

Judy Madnick

France International/Mike Shefler

Jun 21, 2022, 3:05:11 PM6/21/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll vote for 2 and 11.

Tim B

Jun 21, 2022, 3:05:27 PM6/21/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
5 and 9, please.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

Tim Lodge

Jun 21, 2022, 5:37:33 PM6/21/22
to Dixonary
I'll go for one of the Greek defs and the Norwegian outlier: 9 and 11, please.

9.      In ancient Greek drama, a pause in a choral recitation or song during which non-verbal action takes place on

11.  a Norwegian word that describes the pleasures of sitting in front of a glowing fire.

-- Tim L

Shani Naylor

Jun 22, 2022, 2:14:34 AM6/22/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
3 & 9 for me.

John Barrs

Jun 22, 2022, 7:39:01 AM6/22/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
#10 and #11 fr me please

JohnnyB

Fein, Deborah

Jun 22, 2022, 9:54:14 AM6/22/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
2 and 10, please.

Deborah Fein, Ph.D.
UConn Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor
Department of Psychological Sciences
Department of Pediatrics
University of Connecticut
debora...@uconn.edu

Jun 22, 2022, 4:33:49 PM6/22/22
to 'France International/Mike Shefler' via Dixonary
I like the idea of food - perhaps because I didn't have much lunch and it's getting close to dinnertime - and I don't see why fish would be served with a vegetable stew rather than just putting it in the stew to make fish stew. So, 7 and 10.

But why is this all inside narrow margins that I can't adjust or remove to get the defs onto a single line each? (I know, FWP.)

Efrem

========================

On Jun 21, 2022, at 12:31 PM, Chowie <chow...@gmail.com> wrote:

7.      In Polish cookery: a traditional stew of cabbage and meat. [ < Polish ]

Daniel B Widdis

Jun 22, 2022, 5:10:11 PM6/22/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
4 and 8 in a hurry as I’m late