[Dixonary] Round 3195 Defs - Tabaret - VOTING

Ann Druce

Sep 10, 2021, 5:05:10 PM9/10/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

Hi all

Apologies, I completely forgot to post this.  We have 13 definitions.   Please vote for two definitions, publicly to the group, by Sunday morning – I’ll need some time to work out how to do the calculations!

09:00 SAST

07:00 UTC/GMT
08:00 BST in London
09:00 CET in France and the Netherlands

03.00 EDT in New York

00.00 PDT in California

19:00 NZST in New Zealand

  1. A small drum having no specific note, used for keeping the beat in East European folk dancing.

  1. A tabby patterned kitten but with gold and reddy brown colouration.

  1. A tall slender tower attached to a mosque, having one or more projecting balconies from which a muezzin or a recording of a muezzin summons the people to prayer.

  1. A Provençal sauce resembling mayonnaise flavoured with red chillies, garlic, and other ingredients, typically served with fish soups.

  1. A shelf in a temple for storing the shofar.

  1. A hexagonal paving tile or stone.

  1. In a Basque Pelota court, a small wall at the intersection of the front and right walls, at 45° to both.

  1. A hardwearing fabric of silk of similar cloth, with stripes of satin or moire, used esp. for upholstery.

  1. A medicinal bath made with volcanic mud and paraffin wax.

  1. A traversing base frame, or movable railway, along which the carriage of a barbette or casemate gun moves backward and forward.

  1. A small rhythm instrument of the Middle East, similar to a Tablah.

  1. A card game, orig. French, popular in 19th century Russia.

  1. A kind of tinted glass figurine.

Regards

Ann

photo

Ann Druce
Strategically Digital

signature_1489938995

signature_780520093

Phone  082 788 8582

Email  a...@anndruce.com

Website  www.anndruce.com

Judy Madnick

Sep 10, 2021, 5:40:56 PM9/10/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
No clue. I'll waste my votes on these:

7. In a Basque Pelota court, a small wall at the intersection of the front and right walls, at 45° to both.

  and

10. A traversing base frame, or movable railway, along which the carriage of a barbette or casemate gun moves backward and forward.

Judy Madnick

Shani Naylor

Sep 10, 2021, 5:54:17 PM9/10/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
8 & 12 for me

Tim Lodge

Sep 10, 2021, 6:03:45 PM9/10/21
to Dixonary
I'll go for the sauce and the silk, 4 and 8, please.

           4. A Provençal sauce resembling mayonnaise flavoured with red chillies, garlic, and other ingredients, typically served with fish soups.

           8. A hardwearing fabric of silk of similar cloth, with stripes of satin or moire, used esp. for upholstery.

-- Tim L

Debbie Embler

Sep 10, 2021, 6:15:32 PM9/10/21
to Dixonary
6 and 10 please, but the definition I sent you, Ann, is missing from the list. Please check your spam folder for an email from chow...@gmail.com. Thanks.

France International/Mike Shefler

Sep 10, 2021, 6:41:58 PM9/10/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll go with 2 and 8.

Ann Druce

Sep 10, 2021, 6:54:49 PM9/10/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

I’m so sorry, Debbie. Yes, it was there,  but I can’t really add it now, can I?  It would be a bit obvious. I didn’t see anything in the rules about this. Do you know what I’m supposed to do in this situation?

Regards

Ann

photo

Ann Druce
Strategically Digital

signature_549972538

signature_1974949784

Debbie Embler

Sep 10, 2021, 6:57:24 PM9/10/21
to Dixonary
It happens, so don't feel bad. Typically the dealer gives the player a couple of points. It's at the dealer's discretion.

Judy Madnick

Sep 10, 2021, 6:58:27 PM9/10/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
It's up to you, but the most common solution is to give the "owner" of the missing definition 2 "dealer points."

Judy

Sep 10, 2021, 7:51:02 PM9/10/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Look in The "Real" Rules for "dealer points".

Paul Keating

Sep 10, 2021, 7:55:37 PM9/10/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
6 & 8 for me. I liked 7, but it doesn't really look like a Basque word.

Hero’s fall Cunningham

Sep 11, 2021, 9:46:13 AM9/11/21
to Dixonary
1 and 13 proving I still exist.

Dave

Judy Madnick

Sep 11, 2021, 9:51:42 AM9/11/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Glad you're back!

Judy

Sep 11, 2021, 10:37:21 AM9/11/21
to Dixonary Group
Mark me down for #1 & #10 (for creativity).

#1  &  #10

Steve Dixon

     “Wherever you are is the entry point”  ~Kabir Das

amal...@comcast.net

Sep 11, 2021, 11:13:49 AM9/11/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

Ann – I rather like 1 and 8.