Round 3143 Word Announcement SYSSITIA

Tim Lodge

Feb 14, 2021, 7:44:23 AM2/14/21
to Dixonary
It seems a bit strange to win the deal with a def that was combined with the real one, but it has happened before.  I see from the used word list that I've dealt a lot of words beginning SY - here's another one.

The new word is:

                  SYSSITIA

Please send your fake defs and DQs to me by email to d...@timlodge.co.uk before the deadline of:

          10:00 UTC on Tuesday 16th February
          11:00 CET
           5:00 AM EST
           2:00 AM PST
          23:00 NZDT  in New Zealand

New players are welcome.  Don't look up the word, but just send me a fake and fanciful definition of the word.

--  Tim L

Paul Keating

Feb 14, 2021, 7:59:40 AM2/14/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Your chances of winning are reduced when your def is combined with the real one. That is because you have no way to earn points from guessing correctly, and natural high scores are rarer.

Debbie

Feb 14, 2021, 8:23:43 AM2/14/21
to Dixonary
Speaking of the used word list, does anyone have a version that is alphabetized by the played word?

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021, 7:59 AM Paul Keating <dixo...@boargules.com> wrote:
Your chances of winning are reduced when your def is combined with the real one. That is because you have no way to earn points from guessing correctly, and natural high scores are rarer.

Efrem G Mallach

Feb 14, 2021, 8:28:29 AM2/14/21
to 'France International/Mike Shefler' via Dixonary
Debbie,

If you have the spreadsheet, you can use Excel's Sort feature to arrange it that way.

If you don't, the list (updated through Feb. 10 by Paul Keating) is at:

Scroll down to the bottom of the page for three versions of the list: Excel, text in round order, and text in alpha order. The Excel version is a bit more up to date than the others.

Efrem

Paul Keating

Feb 14, 2021, 8:35:36 AM2/14/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
There is a spreadsheet at www.dixonary.net that can be searched or sorted or copied and completely reformatted. From it you can even produce a static textfile in a given sort order, if retro is your bag.

Debbie

Feb 14, 2021, 11:48:23 AM2/14/21
to Dixonary
Thank you both!