Round 3219 time to vote

Shani Naylor

Dec 27, 2021, 3:08:45 AM12/27/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
We have a baker's dozen of definitions for our word QUICKHATCH, including (at least) one sourced from a respectable dictionary.

Please vote for two by the deadline, which is 38 hours from now.

QUICKHATCH

1.       A wolverine.

2.       Lunacy. [Poetic]

3.       Variation of the traditional cross-stitch.

4.       An efflorescence or discoloration of the skin.

5.       Cuttings or slips of a plant suitable for hedges.

6.       A baby bird that has hatched from its egg prematurely.

7.       [Naut] An opening in a ship's deck leading to a stowage area for live animals.

8.       An emergency escape mechanism built into some military vehicles such as tanks.

9.       Family of fish including guppies that retain eggs in their bodies and bear live young.

10.   A technique used in graphic design and cartooning; also, a tool developed for that purpose.

11.   A small shorebird _Coenocorypha mansuetus_ common to Australia, New Zealand and parts of Polynesia.

12.   An upright wall within the hull of a boat that may add structural integrity or a separation of living spaces.

13.   A semi-permanent joint between two ropes or two parts of the same rope formed by partly untwisting and then interweaving their strands.

Deadline:

image.png

ann

Dec 27, 2021, 3:44:34 AM12/27/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
7 and 8 for me

Sent from my Galaxy

Tim Lodge

Dec 27, 2021, 3:47:14 AM12/27/21
to Dixonary

I'll try 1 and 11 please.

1.       A wolverine.

11.   A small shorebird _Coenocorypha mansuetus_ common to Australia, New Zealand and parts of Polynesia.

-- Tim L

Tim B

Dec 27, 2021, 5:06:11 AM12/27/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
4 and 10, please.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

Paul Keating

Dec 27, 2021, 8:41:34 AM12/27/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I vote for 3 & 7. I even believe one of them.

Debbie Embler

Dec 27, 2021, 9:18:43 AM12/27/21
to Dixonary
9 and 10 please

Judy Madnick

Dec 27, 2021, 9:39:57 AM12/27/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

10.   A technique used in graphic design and cartooning; also, a tool developed for that purpose.

13.   A semi-permanent joint between two ropes or two parts of the same rope formed by partly untwisting and then interweaving their strands.

Judy Madnick

leck...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2021, 10:32:56 AM12/27/21
to Dixonary

Definitions two and eleven get my vote!

Johnb - co.uk

Dec 27, 2021, 10:55:33 AM12/27/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
#1 and #5 for me please

John

Johnb - co.uk

Dec 27, 2021, 11:06:19 AM12/27/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
apologies for not being involved for a couple of days = Amazon decided to clobber my account - OK I appreciate the concern that it might have been hacked  but they then demanded 2 level security - one of which had to be Phone --- our area is notorious for bad reception - it averagely takes 36 hours to guarantee receiving an SMS message which is of no value if a number is posted and is only available for 10 minutes.... so I couldn't oblige them with 2nd level - the only other method offered was via phone app ??when my phone doesn't have reliable connectivity?? --- so.... I had to speak very severely to 2 different line managers before they would restore me... one of the zaniest answers with which I was more than a little annoyed is "we have logged you in - do not log out and do not clear cookies or cache on you machine and you will remain permanently logged in" even a bear of little brain know that that is a recipe for disaster so I demanded a written guarantee that they would be totally responsible for my security.... that seemed to bring them to their senses.
It isn't as if I am a new customer of theirs, I have more than 20 years of orders with them

John

Efrem G Mallach

Dec 27, 2021, 1:58:16 PM12/27/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll go with 5 and 11, though I don't really believe either one.

Efrem

=======================

On Dec 27, 2021, at 3:08 AM, Shani Naylor <shani....@gmail.com> wrote:

We have a baker's dozen of definitions for our word QUICKHATCH, including (at least) one sourced from a respectable dictionary.

Please vote for two by the deadline, which is 38 hours from now.

QUICKHATCH

5.       Cuttings or slips of a plant suitable for hedges.

France International/Mike Shefler

Dec 27, 2021, 11:44:45 PM12/27/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
It sounds like an animal so I'll go with 1 and 9.

Hero’s fall Cunningham

Dec 28, 2021, 1:47:49 PM12/28/21
to Dixonary
9 and 13 to show I am still around.   My New Years resolution is to stter mclear of hospitals!

Dave

Daniel B Widdis

Dec 28, 2021, 2:53:32 PM12/28/21
to Dixonary