Round 3160 time to vote TIM-WHISKY

Shani Naylor

Apr 20, 2021, 4:56:48 AM4/20/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

We have a dozen carefully crafted defs for our word TIM-WHISKY. Please vote for two by deadline. You can still vote even if you did not supply a def. Good luck!

TIM-WHISKY

1. (Aus. Slang) Fake whisky; a concoction of alcohol, flavorings and coloring deceptively sold as whisky.

2. A small chisel for carving fine detail in wood.

3. A habitual drunkard, a sot.

4. A merry nonsense-song sung by young children in parts of Northern England and Scotland.

5. Of inferior or poor quality; can also describe a person who produces such work. (N. Yorks.)

6. A kind of carriage drawn by one horse.

7. In bow fishing, a mount which aids in maintaining an arrow's trajectory.

8. A trick-taking card game for two to eight players, often played as a drinking game.

9. [Oceania) A person sleeping off a drunk under a tree.

10. A drug like marijuana smoked in North Africa.

11. Ginger ale; by extension, any liquid that has the appearance of whisky but has a gentler effect on the body.

12. An impressive or opulent array of clothing and ornament; to do a tim-whisky, to flaunt one's appearance.

The deadline is 9am Thursday 22 April my time (NZDT) or:

Los Angeles, USA                             Thursday 22 April at 2pm

New York, USA                                 Thursday 22  April at 5pm

London, United Kingdom               Thursday 22 April at 10pm

Paris, France                                     Thursday 22 April at 11pm

Tim B

Apr 20, 2021, 5:06:06 AM4/20/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
1 and 9, please.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

Johnb - co.uk

Apr 20, 2021, 5:36:03 AM4/20/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
#6 and #12 please

JohnnyB

Paul Keating

Apr 20, 2021, 6:30:07 AM4/20/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
3 & 5 for me.

Tim Lodge

Apr 20, 2021, 7:28:58 AM4/20/21
to Dixonary
For want of any better ideas, 1 and 12, please.

           1. (Aus. Slang) Fake whisky; a concoction of alcohol, flavorings and coloring deceptively sold as whisky.

         12. An impressive or opulent array of clothing and ornament; to do a tim-whisky, to flaunt one's appearance.

--  Tim L

Debbie Embler

Apr 20, 2021, 7:59:51 AM4/20/21
to Dixonary
4 and 1 please

Judy Madnick

Apr 20, 2021, 8:13:32 AM4/20/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

These sound like fun:

4. A merry nonsense-song sung by young children in parts of Northern England and Scotland.
8. A trick-taking card game for two to eight players, often played as a drinking game.

Judy Madnick

France International/Mike Shefler

Apr 20, 2021, 9:33:05 AM4/20/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll go with 6 and 10.

amal...@comcast.net

Apr 20, 2021, 9:46:58 AM4/20/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

I think I’ll try 8 and 9.

Alan

Fein, Deborah

Apr 20, 2021, 9:55:58 AM4/20/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
4 and 11, please

Deborah Fein, Ph.D.
UConn Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor
Department of Psychological Sciences
Department of Pediatrics
University of Connecticut
debora...@uconn.edu

Apr 20, 2021, 9:04:19 PM4/20/21
to 'France International/Mike Shefler' via Dixonary
I'll take two of the less credible ones from a not-very-credible bunch: 2 and 7.

Efrem

===========================

On Apr 20, 2021, at 4:56 AM, Shani Naylor <shani....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all

We have a dozen carefully crafted defs for our word TIM-WHISKY. Please vote for two by deadline. You can still vote even if you did not supply a def. Good luck!

TIM-WHISKY

2. A small chisel for carving fine detail in wood.

Daniel B Widdis

Apr 20, 2021, 11:09:19 PM4/20/21
to Dixonary

I’m a sucker for “a kind of” defs so 6 gets a vote.  And I’ll double it for 12.

Hero’s fall Cunningham

Apr 21, 2021, 2:31:17 PM4/21/21
to Dixonary
4 and 6 today. Been a very odd week for my wife, but it seems better now.

Dave

Ryan McGill

Apr 21, 2021, 3:41:24 PM4/21/21
to Dixonary