Round 3045 MANQUE time to vote

Shani Naylor

Jan 25, 2020, 3:12:29 PM1/25/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
You have before you a baker's dozen definitions for our word MANQUE, including one from a dictionary. Please vote for 2 before the deadline.

1.       Plucked.

2.       A dandy.

3.       [OE.] A ghost.

4.       The Barbary ape.

5.       A feathered headdress.

6.       A grove of trees; also, a plain.

7.       The numbers 1 to 18 in roulette.

8.       Of an item such as clothing: dirty, in need of washing.

9.       A small sailing vessel used in the eastern Mediterranean.

10.   A disease affecting citrus fruits and rendering them susceptible to mould.

11.   A small old world carnivore of genus Genetta, having spotted sides and a ringed tail.

12.   A Turkish tobacco pipe having a red clay bowl and a slender stem that is often several feet in length.

13.   Refers to structures or minerals from a parent rock that did not undergo metamorphic change when the surrounding rock did, or to rock that survived a destructive geologic process.

The deadline is 7am Tuesday 28 January (NZDT) or:

Los Angeles, USA                             Mon, 27 Jan, 10am

New York, USA                                 Mon, 27 Jan,  1pm

London, United Kingdom               Mon, 27 Jan, 6pm

Amsterdam, Netherlands              Mon, 27 Jan, 7pm

Tim Lodge

Jan 25, 2020, 5:01:52 PM1/25/20
to Dixonary
I'll vote for 6 and 10.

 6.       A grove of trees; also, a plain.

10.   A disease affecting citrus fruits and rendering them susceptible to mould.

--  Tim L

Judy Madnick

Jan 25, 2020, 6:17:30 PM1/25/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll go with these this evening:

6.       A grove of trees; also, a plain.
     and

Debbie

Jan 25, 2020, 7:03:17 PM1/25/20
to Dixonary
11 and 12 please

nancygoat

Jan 26, 2020, 4:31:25 AM1/26/20
to Dixonary
I'll take 7 and 9.

Nancy

Tim B

Jan 26, 2020, 6:49:04 AM1/26/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
7 and 13, please.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

Efrem G Mallach

Jan 26, 2020, 9:35:23 AM1/26/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll try 5 and 7.

Efrem

========================

On Jan 25, 2020, at 3:12 PM, Shani Naylor <shani....@gmail.com> wrote:

You have before you a baker's dozen definitions for our word MANQUE, including one from a dictionary. Please vote for 2 before the deadline.

5.       A feathered headdress.

France International/Mike Shefler

Jan 26, 2020, 11:20:32 AM1/26/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll go with 5 and 7.

Dave Cunningham

Jan 26, 2020, 11:57:03 AM1/26/20
to Dixonary
2 (shortest) and 13 (someone had too much time)

Dave

Christopher Carson

Jan 26, 2020, 6:38:08 PM1/26/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I’ll fall in with Vox Pop and cast my points to 7 and 13.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone

Tony Abell

Jan 27, 2020, 8:51:41 AM1/27/20
to Shani Naylor

I'll wildly guess 3 and 7:

> 3. [OE.] A ghost.

Ryan McGill

Jan 27, 2020, 12:53:22 PM1/27/20
to Dixonary
It feels like an animal of some sort. That's probably because of the Pokemon thing.

That said, the only reason I don't believe most of these is because we're in a situation where fully 92% are guaranteed false. Good job with the fakes.

So: 4 & 11

4.       The Barbary ape.