Round 2982 vote for OLIK

Mike Shefler

May 9, 2019, 11:06:05 AM5/9/19
to Dixonary
Here are 13 definitions for OLIK brought to you by the fervid imaginations of your fellow dixonarians and one dictionary.
Vote for your two favorites no later than 9 AM EDT, Saturday, May 11.

1.  a person, especially a man, regarded as contemptible; rubbish; trash.

2.  a thistle-like plant grown commercially in Russia; used for biodiesel
oil extracted from the seeds [see Safflower]

3.  a herb-flavored Polish vodka.

4.  a broad sash worn with a kimono.

5.  a large cod-like fish of the North Atlantic (_Lota molva_).

6.  an old Russian unit of area, equal to about 2 acres/0.8 hectare.

7.  an oleaginous person.

8.  [Icel.]   glassy snow.

9.  [Old Norse] a cooper.

10.  the lines on dials which show the hours.

11.  a specific few.

12.  [Tagalog] the giddy feeling of falling in love.

13.  a kind of Buddhist stupa in northern India.

Johnb - co.uk

May 9, 2019, 11:30:00 AM5/9/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

#11 and #9 please

JohnnyB

9.  [Old Norse] a cooper.

11.  a specific few.

Debbie

May 9, 2019, 11:48:51 AM5/9/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
7 and 10 plz

Tim Lodge

May 9, 2019, 1:46:54 PM5/9/19
to Dixonary
I'll try 1 and 6.

1.  a person, especially a man, regarded as contemptible; rubbish; trash.

6.  an old Russian unit of area, equal to about 2 acres/0.8 hectare.

--  Tim L

Judy Madnick

May 9, 2019, 2:30:59 PM5/9/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
1 and 7, please.

Judy Madnick
Albany, NY

Efrem G Mallach

May 9, 2019, 2:35:14 PM5/9/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
On May 9, 2019, at 11:06 AM, Mike Shefler <sta...@salsgiver.com> wrote:

Here are 13 definitions for OLIK brought to you by the fervid imaginations of your fellow dixonarians and one dictionary.
Vote for your two favorites no later than 9 AM EDT, Saturday, May 11.

3.  a herb-flavored Polish vodka.

Efrem G Mallach

May 9, 2019, 2:36:29 PM5/9/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Hit "send" too soon, though no damage was done; I'm voting for 3 and 9.

Efrem

Begin forwarded message:

Tim B

May 9, 2019, 4:13:14 PM5/9/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll have 6 and 7, please.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

Dave Cunningham

May 9, 2019, 8:02:06 PM5/9/19
to Dixonary
6 and 9 today

Dave

Shani Naylor

May 9, 2019, 8:25:21 PM5/9/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
It's all Russian to me - 2 & 6.

2.  a thistle-like plant grown commercially in Russia; used for biodiesel

oil extracted from the seeds [see Safflower]

6.  an old Russian unit of area, equal to about 2 acres/0.8 hectare.

Daniel Widdis

May 10, 2019, 12:37:20 AM5/10/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

You’re clearly missing the real def, 2.2 sdnuop.

I’ll go with the old Russian and Old Norse, 6 and 9.

Christopher Carson

May 10, 2019, 11:07:47 AM5/10/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I’ll go with vox pop -

6 and 9.

Chris

Ryan McGill

May 10, 2019, 11:59:50 AM5/10/19
to Dixonary
Seeing as I and one other definer are the only ones left to vote, and I have no idea of their DQ status, I'm going to posit 5 & 8.

5.  a large cod-like fish of the North Atlantic (_Lota molva_).

8.  [Icel.]   glassy snow.

Tony Abell

May 11, 2019, 9:31:58 AM5/11/19
to Mike Shefler

It's past the voting deadline, but just in case it's not too late, I would
have voted for 2 and 5:

> 2.  a thistle-like plant grown commercially in Russia; used for biodiesel
> oil extracted from the seeds [see Safflower]

Guerri Stevens

May 11, 2019, 10:10:45 AM5/11/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

I vote for 3 and 8.