CIMELIA definitions

Dave Cunningham

Oct 5, 2019, 8:09:05 AM10/5/19
to Dixonary
One of the dozen below is real. Vote for two (hopefully avoiding the real one) before Monday morning at 8 a.m. EDT (about 48 hours from now)

  1 a light brown color
  2 treasures in storage
  3 sadness; melancholy
  4 spiritual torpor and apathy
  5 a small but highly venomous jellyfish
  6 a multi-colored yarn on a single skein
  7 any group of zooplankton found primarily in surface waters
  8 a soft organ flute stop, usually at 2' pitch, nut sometimes at 4' or 8' pitch
  9 large genus of coarse gummy herbs of western North and Central America
 10 a cardiac insufficiency causing dark circles around the eyes, informally known as raccoon eyes
 11 [ME. but now only dialect] also KEMELYN; a tub usd for brewing, kneading, salting meat and other household purposes
 12 one of the azure transparent spheres conceived by the ancients to be enclosed one within another, and to carry the heavenly bodies in their revolutions

Dave (hoping I missed no one)

Judy Madnick

Oct 5, 2019, 9:12:52 AM10/5/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll go with the colors:

 1 a light brown color
 6 a multi-colored yarn on a single skein

Judy Madnick
Albany, NY

France International/Mike Shefler

Oct 5, 2019, 9:41:40 AM10/5/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com, collect
My def is missing from the list. That said, I'll vote for 1 and 2.

--Mike

Tim B

Oct 5, 2019, 10:28:44 AM10/5/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
8 and 11, please.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

Johnb - co.uk

Oct 5, 2019, 10:44:41 AM10/5/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

I shall go for #2 and #3 because: We lost a grandson yesterday after 9 years of struggle his heart finally gave out and he was a real treasure - the medics over these years since he was born were wonderful.

We, are of course sad and rejoicing that his suffering is over and he is with the Lord, whole and healthy. We are grateful that we were here in USA to help look after the family while our son and daughter were with him in hospital. Now we are also here to help them grieve

JohnnyB

Debbie

Oct 5, 2019, 11:18:18 AM10/5/19
to Dixonary
John, my heart grieves with you, but also rejoices that he is forevermore healed and in the presence of our Lord.

--
~Bending under the weight of His mercies~

This life is temporary. This life is short.  When this life is over, our bodies will die and become empty shells, but our souls will continue to live forever.  Where will the “real you” live?  Will you live for all eternity separated from God?  Or will you spend eternity in the presence of God in heaven?   Learn more so you can make your most important decision:
http://www.godlife.com/gospel/  and  http://www.godlife.com/en/about-christianity

Judy Madnick

Oct 5, 2019, 11:19:51 AM10/5/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
John,

I am so sorry to learn of your loss. May his memory be a blessing.

Judy

Oct 5, 2019, 11:49:54 AM10/5/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
So sorry for you and your family, John.

I lost a daughter five years ago, so I have a sense for how deeply this loss hits. And one so young.

I would like to know his first name, if you don’t mind.

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 10:44 AM Johnb - co.uk <jo...@john-barrs.co.uk> wrote:
--
Stephen Dixon
email: steved...@gmail.com

With the right music, you either forget everything...OR, you remember everything.

Daniel B Widdis

Oct 5, 2019, 3:55:10 PM10/5/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

8 and 11 please

Tim Lodge

Oct 5, 2019, 5:39:30 PM10/5/19
to Dixonary
I'll try 1 and 11.

 1 a light brown color

11 [ME. but now only dialect] also KEMELYN; a tub usd for brewing, kneading, salting meat and other household purposes

--  Tim L

Dave Cunningham

Oct 5, 2019, 6:45:41 PM10/5/19
to Dixonary
Not in any of my spam filters even .. I did find your 9:41 post in a spam filter section though.

This has happened in the past and seems to be on the part of Yahoo/AOL etc.  or else is just random. I prefer to think they are malevolent beings doing this, of course.

Dave

On 10/5/2019 8:09 AM, Dave Cunningham wrote:
[...]

Shani Naylor

Oct 5, 2019, 7:37:23 PM10/5/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Johnny - can I add my condolences for your loss. It's so sad to hear about a young person who could have had so much ahead of them. Very hard for those left behind.

Shani

Shani Naylor

Oct 5, 2019, 7:37:56 PM10/5/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll vote for a couple of the longer defs, 10 & 12:

10 a cardiac insufficiency causing dark circles around the eyes, informally known as raccoon eyes

 12 one of the azure transparent spheres conceived by the ancients to be enclosed one within another, and to carry the heavenly bodies in their revolutions

Efrem G Mallach

Oct 5, 2019, 10:00:49 PM10/5/19
to Dixonary
I'll go with zoology: 5 and 7.

Efrem

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
On Oct 5, 2019, at 8:09 AM, Dave Cunningham <cunn...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

One of the dozen below is real. Vote for two (hopefully avoiding the real one) before Monday morning at 8 a.m. EDT (about 48 hours from now)

  5 a small but highly venomous jellyfish

nancygoat

Oct 6, 2019, 3:41:26 AM10/6/19
to Dixonary
I'll take 3 and 7.

So sorry for your loss, Johnny!

Nancy

Christopher Carson

Oct 6, 2019, 7:36:31 AM10/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
John,

My wife and I offer our deep condolences. We’ll offer intentions for your grandson l, your family, and you at Mass this morning.

Chris and Theresa Carson

Sent from my iPhone

Christopher Carson

Oct 6, 2019, 7:37:52 AM10/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
1 and 11 for me.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone

Debbie

Oct 6, 2019, 8:33:13 AM10/6/19
to Dixonary
I've been holding off voting in hopes that I would gain insight from other voter's, but, alas, that has not happened. I'll cast my votes for 1 and 2.

Tony Abell

Oct 6, 2019, 5:27:11 PM10/6/19
to Johnb - co.uk

That's a great challenge for all involved to cope with, John. My profound
condolences.

On 2019-10-05 at 10:44 Johnb - co.uk wrote:

> I shall go for #2 and #3 because: We lost a grandson yesterday after 9
> years of struggle his heart finally gave out and he was a real treasure
> - the medics over these years since he was born were wonderful.

> We, are of course sad and rejoicing that his suffering is over and he is
> with the Lord, whole and healthy. We are grateful that we were here in
> USA to help look after the family while our son and daughter were with
> him in hospital. Now we are also here to help them grieve

> *JohnnyB*
>> <mailto:dixonary+u...@googlegroups.com>.
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/192c23a4-2ba0-4af5-aadc-b54583a472ef%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

> https://www.avg.com

Tony Abell

Oct 6, 2019, 5:28:39 PM10/6/19
to Dave Cunningham

I'll throw my votes at 2 and 11:

> 2 treasures in storage

Efrem G Mallach

Oct 7, 2019, 10:35:17 AM10/7/19
to Dixonary
John,

Belatedly, my sincere sympathy. Having gone through something analogous (though not identical) a few years ago, I understand a bit of it.

If you're still on this side of the pond for a while, happen to be in the northeast corner of this large-ish country, and would be interested, I'll offer condolences in person. Please LMK.

Efrem

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Ryan McGill

Oct 7, 2019, 1:17:53 PM10/7/19
to Dixonary
Johnny,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, but grateful that you have a path to peace. I hope every memory you hold of him brings you joy and love.

Ryan

On 05/10/2019 07:09, Dave Cunningham wrote:
[...]

Ryan McGill

Oct 7, 2019, 1:22:33 PM10/7/19
to Dixonary
Dave,

Looks like my definition isn't here. Hope it's not too late to say so. Sent it to collect on Friday at 16:52.

Ryan

Johnb - co.uk

Oct 7, 2019, 1:40:31 PM10/7/19
to 'Efrem G Mallach' via Dixonary

Efrem

thank-you very much - we are in the Midwest and while your offer is very gracious I think it is impractical

John

Dave Cunningham

Oct 7, 2019, 2:19:26 PM10/7/19
to Dixonary
apologies - still isn't here. Which email did you send it to?  AOL has done this a lot in the past two years.

Dave

Ryan McGill

Oct 7, 2019, 4:19:32 PM10/7/19
to Dixonary