SHABRACK results

Dave Cunningham

Mar 15, 2020, 6:25:55 PM3/15/20
to Dixonary

  1. poorly maintained and disheveled antiques; from shab(by) + (bric-a-)brac. [McGill]  NV (Widdis) 1
  2. a sort of Mongolian felt material made from yak wool [Bourne] 4 9 (Widdis) (Shefler) (MallachA) (Carson) (MallachE) 5!!
  3. a trooper's housing or saddlecloth [Chambers] (Shefler) (Lodge) D2
  4. a peasant's woolen cloak, with a hood or cowl, worn also by monks [Naylor] 5 10  (Bourne) (Madnick)  2
  5. a traditional Jordanian Bedouin dish of lamb, rice and spices [MallachE] 2 11 (Naylor) (Dixon)  2
  6. a wrought steel breech-loading cannon, named after its inventor, Herr Shabrack   [Widdis]  1 2  0
  7. to set or seal with a mark; to confirm or authenticate beyond a doubt [Debbie] 9 10  0
  8. a small suitcase [Carson] 2 9 (Lodge) 1
  9. a style of smoking tobacco where the leaf is shredded into thin strips before drying and aging  [Dixon]  5 12   (Bourne) (MallachA) (Debbie) (Carson) 4
 10. strong, coarse canvas [Madnick] 4 11 (Debbie) (Naylor)
 11. a checquered black and white scarf that is usually worn around the neck or head throughout the Middle East [Lodge] *3 8  (Madnick) (MallachE) 2+2 = 4
 12. a flat quiver holding crossbow bolts which in use attached to the T piece so that tightening the spring automatically loaded a bolt. [Although fast it was rarely used beause it made the whole weapon too heavy for most people] [Barrs] DQ (Dixon) 1

Shefler lost def/ no record of it  *2 3 2 + 2 = 4
Mallach ALAN 2 9  - def not received 2 DP
Next Dealah is
Tim Bourne and the natural Winnah is the eponymous Stephen Dixon!

And here I was sure no one would guess it. I checked every single email file - and still canna find two defs.

Dave   (wife had me join in the newest game "Supermarket Panic!" - anyone else in that game for TP etc.?)

Stephen Dixon

Mar 15, 2020, 6:46:18 PM3/15/20
to Dixonary Group
Congratulations, Tim!

Whew...

Stephen Dixon
email: steved...@gmail.com

"Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." -- Anonymous