Rnd 3026 - PADUASOY -- The Defs

Christopher Carson

Nov 7, 2019, 5:34:25 PM11/7/19
to The Intrepid Dixonists

Well, nothing additional showing up, I’ll post this and go to dinner.

There are a total of 12 definitions for PADUASOY. Please vote for two, by public reply to this message, before deadline, which is 5:30 AM EST on Saturday, November 9, 2019, or 2:30 AM PST .

1. A nut substitute made from a soybean soaked in water,

    drained, and then baked or roasted.

2. A nest box [poss. from Fr. oiseau].

3. A variant of Baroque music q.v.

4. (Arch.) The bell or vase of the Corinthian capital.

    [Improperly so used]

5. A Kentucky marinade of moonshine and savory spices.

6. A Peruvian dish of stewed guinea pig.

7. A kind of scummy particulate found in brackish pools;

    notable components usually include rust and pollen.

8. A rich heavy silk fabric with a corded effect.

9. The right of the lord of a manor to try anyone accused

    of theft within his domain.

10. A light leather saddle used by the Spaniards in the

    American soutwest.

11. Etching, inscription; [Etruscan ?atu'azui = "tablet writing"] --

12. A Spanish woodwind instrument with a curved mouthpiece.

Chris

Shani Naylor

Nov 7, 2019, 5:57:52 PM11/7/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I can't resist the guinea pig, so I'll vote 6 & 8.

Tony Abell

Nov 7, 2019, 9:30:12 PM11/7/19
to Christopher Carson

I sent in a definition this morning at 8:19. That's a long time for it not to
show up.

Daniel B Widdis

Nov 8, 2019, 1:10:06 AM11/8/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

I don’t know what a nest box is, but I trust the etymology of #2.  And I’ll join Shani in wondering whether guinea pig tastes like bacon -- #6.

France International/Mike Shefler

Nov 8, 2019, 10:20:10 AM11/8/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll fall for 2 and 7.

Dave Cunningham

Nov 8, 2019, 10:31:57 AM11/8/19
to Dixonary
4 and 8 - with my usual lack of reasons.

Dave

Tim B

Nov 8, 2019, 11:35:13 AM11/8/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
10 and 11, please.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

Judy M.

Nov 8, 2019, 11:45:41 AM11/8/19
to Dixonary - Google Groups
8 and 10 for me this time.

Judy Madnick
Albany, NY

Debbie

Nov 8, 2019, 1:27:17 PM11/8/19
to Dixonary
3 and 8 please

Efrem G Mallach

Nov 8, 2019, 5:50:24 PM11/8/19
to Dixonary
After eliminating the impossible - which group probably includes the correct definition - we are left with the improbable, so I'll try 8 and 12.

Efrem

On Nov 7, 2019, at 5:34 PM, Christopher Carson <clca...@live.com> wrote:

Well, nothing additional showing up, I’ll post this and go to dinner.

There are a total of 12 definitions for PADUASOY. Please vote for two, by public reply to this message, before deadline, which is 5:30 AM EST on Saturday, November 9, 2019, or 2:30 AM PST .

8. A rich heavy silk fabric with a corded effect.

Ryan McGill

Nov 8, 2019, 9:18:03 PM11/8/19
to Dixonary
Here we go: 5 & 9.

5. A Kentucky marinade of moonshine and savory spices.

9. The right of the lord of a manor to try anyone accused

Tony Abell

Nov 9, 2019, 1:59:38 AM11/9/19
to Christopher Carson

I'll take 2 and 3 because they don't make any sense: