Round 3109 THALWEG The results (sort of)

Christopher Carson

Oct 5, 2020, 6:47:24 PM10/5/20
to Dixo...@googlegroups.com

Folks, if it isn’t one thing it’s another.  I’m having technical difficulties getting the results mail set up and formatted so I’m cheating a little.

This time we ‘ll have sort of a do-it-yourself project.  I am copying my Excel sheet with the scoring info.  The data is all there not in the neatest

of formats but in the interest of getting this out there before next weekend I thought it best to take the file copy shortcut..  As you can see, there is a 4-way tie for dealer.  Aforesaid technical difficulty is keeping me from accessing that file with the master scoring.

Again, my sincere apologies for making such a hash of this deal.  I am usually better prepared for all this but this weekend has been a bear which is continuing to kick up a little.  Fortunately the forecast is for rapid chaos subsiding.

Chris

Player

Def

Voted For

Points

Guess

DPs

Total

Mallach, E.

                 1

 6 & 7

              2

              2

              4

Shefler

              2

 8 & 14

Shepherdson

              3

 8 & 10

              4

              4

Naylor

              4

 1 & 11

              2

              2

Embler

              5

 3 & 12

AHD #5

              6

              2

              2

Cunningham

              7

 1 & 13

              1

              1

Bourne T.

              8

 10 & 14

              2

Barrs

              9

 6 & 13

              2

              2

Abel

            10

              4

              3

Widdis

            11

 6 & 13

              2

              2

              4

Madnick

            12

 3 & 4

              1

              1

Keating

            13

 4 & 11

              2

              2

Lodge

            14

              2

              2

Mallach, A.

3 & 10

Efrem G Mallach

Oct 5, 2020, 7:25:45 PM10/5/20
to 'France International/Mike Shefler' via Dixonary
As I see it, Dan W. and I are off the hook because two of our points came from voting for #6. That leaves Nancy S. and Tony A. (whose 4 was incorrectly transcribed as 3 in the "Total" column) to fight it out. Since Tony is one point ahead of Nancy in the rolling totals for the four rounds preceding this one (or five rounds including this one; doesn't matter) the "honor" is his.

Sorry, Tony, but someone had to figure it out. Please don't shoot the messenger.

Efrem

Tim Lodge

Oct 6, 2020, 10:49:36 AM10/6/20
to Dixonary
Chris

Sorry to hear about your technical difficulties.  That might explain why you seem to have missed my vote, placed on Sunday, for 6 and 10.  For what it's worth I think your table contained a number of other errors which I list below - perhaps others' could check them.

Nancy S should have 3 not 4
Dictionary

--  Tim

France International/Mike Shefler

Oct 6, 2020, 10:52:37 AM10/6/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I see only 3 points for Tony (votes from Shepherdson, Bourne, and Alan Mallach). That makes Nancy Shepherdson the next dealer.

--Mike

Tim Lodge

Oct 6, 2020, 10:54:54 AM10/6/20
to Dixonary
oops - I hit Enter by mistake.  Here's what I think the total scores for the round should be:

Nancy S        3 not 4 as you've shown
Dictionary      D4 not D2
Tony A          4 not 3
Paul K          3 not 2
Tim L            4* not 2
Alan M          2* not 0

--  Tim L

France International/Mike Shefler

Oct 6, 2020, 11:24:41 AM10/6/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Why Alan M 2* and not 0?

Tim Lodge

Oct 6, 2020, 1:37:31 PM10/6/20
to Dixonary
Mike

You're absolutely right - my error.  Alan didn't score any points.  I should know better than to interfere with another player's scoring!

--  Tim L

On Tuesday, October 6, 2020 at 4:24:41 PM UTC+1, Mike Shefler wrote:
Why Alan M 2* and not 0?

On 10/6/2020 10:54 AM, Tim Lodge wrote:
oops - I hit Enter by mistake.  Here's what I think the total scores for the round should be:

Nancy S        3 not 4 as you've shown
Dictionary      D4 not D2
Tony A          4 not 3
Paul K          3 not 2
Tim L            4* not 2
Alan M          2* not 0

--  Tim L

amal...@comcast.net

Oct 6, 2020, 1:57:52 PM10/6/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

Sad but true.

Alan

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/2f00d7ac-3925-4216-ac19-c14e241ed481o%40googlegroups.com.

Christopher Carson

Oct 6, 2020, 3:55:02 PM10/6/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the commiseration.  Yesterday was not a fun day.  In the afternoon I had my first round of chemotherapy so was dealing with the aftermath of those meds as well as some meds to treat the meds. <lol>  At a certain point, I found that my cognitive functions were impacted just enough to make continuing with the composing and formatting impossible.  Today would have been no problem but I thought extending the deadline just for that was counterproductive.

Thanks to all for understanding.

Chris

Judy Madnick

Oct 6, 2020, 3:59:53 PM10/6/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
And, of course, we all understand. Hope the chemo does its job and you're soon "all better"!

Judy

Oct 7, 2020, 4:07:34 PM10/7/20
to 'Mike Shefler' via Dixonary
See Mike's comment (bolded, in maroon) below. Tony has 3 points, not 4.

Sorry, Nancy.

Efrem

=========================

Tim Lodge

Oct 7, 2020, 4:14:49 PM10/7/20
to Dixonary
Efrem

I know that's what Mike said, but, as I pointed out, my votes were not recorded in Chris's results table.  Tony's def (#10) got votes from Tim B, Nancy, Alan, and me.  I believe Mike corrected it in the revised rollng scores.

--  Tim L
Sorry, Nancy.

Efrem

Efrem G Mallach

Oct 7, 2020, 4:16:11 PM10/7/20
to 'Mike Shefler' via Dixonary
"I see," said the blind carpenter as he picked up his hammer and saw.

I'll sit down and shut up while the rest of you fight it out.

Efrem