Let Voting Begin: Round 3063 Optriculum

Debbie

Apr 4, 2020, 12:40:57 PM4/4/20
to Dixonary

 Here's a wonderful group of created definitions with only one that is true. Choose wisely.

1.      [Rare] Hallucination

2.      A carpenter's level

3.      A hiding place for valuables

4.      An artifact from an early period

5.      An instrument for measuring field of vision

6.      N. About the same as doodad, thingumbob, etc

7.      The penumbra of a visible electrical discharge, such as St. Elmo's Fire

8.      A room in a Roman temple with a raised platform intended for food offerings

9.      An early form of color TV in which successive fields are scanned in three primary colors

10.   A needle-like bristle that provides internal support for the appendages of some polychaete worms

11.   Originally, a deep-toned instrument of the oboe or bassoon family; thence, a bass reed stop on the organ

12.   [Trademark]  A brand of synthetic, acrylic textile fiber of light weight and resistance to wrinkles, weathering and many chemicals

--
~Bending under the weight of His mercies~

Through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Through Him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the Law of Moses (Acts 13:38-39)

Judy Madnick

Apr 4, 2020, 12:45:56 PM4/4/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Oh, goodie! Something to do! Too bad this takes just a minute or so.

Aiming for another zero...

8.      A room in a Roman temple with a raised platform intended for food offerings

11.   Originally, a deep-toned instrument of the oboe or bassoon family; thence, a bass reed stop on the organ

Judy Madnick
Albany, NY

France International/Mike Shefler

Apr 4, 2020, 12:46:32 PM4/4/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll fall for 3 and 11.

Johnb - co.uk

Apr 4, 2020, 12:57:08 PM4/4/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

#7 and #9 please

JohnnyB

Tim Lodge

Apr 4, 2020, 1:07:57 PM4/4/20
to Dixonary
I'll try 1 and 11.

1.      [Rare] Hallucination

11.   Originally, a deep-toned instrument of the oboe or bassoon family; thence, a bass reed stop on the organ

--  Tim L

Tim B

Apr 4, 2020, 2:31:52 PM4/4/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
7 and 8, please.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

Debbie

Apr 4, 2020, 3:43:53 PM4/4/20
to Dixonary
Hey all, let's make the deadline noon on Monday, Eastern Time. Ponder away!

Daniel B Widdis

Apr 4, 2020, 5:54:24 PM4/4/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

5 and 11 because they both relate instruments to organs.

Shani Naylor

Apr 4, 2020, 6:44:38 PM4/4/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
7 & 8 for me

Paul Keating

Apr 4, 2020, 6:49:38 PM4/4/20
to Dixonary
I vote for 2 and 8.

Efrem G Mallach

Apr 4, 2020, 6:55:48 PM4/4/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Obviously, it's either a course of study for optometrists or a course of study that allows students to make more choices than usual. Unfortunately, nothing like either of those is in the list. So, despite Debbie's claim, the correct meaning must have been inadvertently omitted.

However, since I'm required by the rules to vote only for definitions that made it into the list, I'll try 5 and 8.

Efrem

========================

On Apr 4, 2020, at 12:40 PM, Debbie <chow...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Here's a wonderful group of created definitions with only one that is true. Choose wisely.

5.      An instrument for measuring field of vision

nancygoat

Apr 4, 2020, 7:42:04 PM4/4/20
to Dixonary
I'll take 3 and 5 this time.

Nancy

Christopher Carson

Apr 5, 2020, 7:24:16 AM4/5/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

8 and 11 for me this time.

Chris

Tim Lodge

Apr 5, 2020, 12:20:00 PM4/5/20
to Dixonary
Wow, there's a face from the past!  Welcome back, Paul.

--  Tim L

ALAN MALLACH

Apr 5, 2020, 1:49:55 PM4/5/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Debbie - I'm going to go with 5 and 8.
Alan

Tony Abell

Apr 5, 2020, 7:13:57 PM4/5/20
to ALAN MALLACH

I'll try 7 and 9 (though I'm a bit suspicious of the use of "penumbra" in
connection with an electrical spark):