3203 TAGMA vote

Ryan McGill

Oct 14, 2021, 3:16:29 PM10/14/21
to Dixonary
We have a total of 11 definitions for TAGMA, which have been mildly edited for consistency in formatting and then sorted in alphabetical order. Any errors remaining are surely artifacts of my intervention.

One of these definitions was verified by a dictionary source. The remainder were clever deceptions dreamed up by your fellow players, and think I believe nearly all of them. Please vote for two by public reply to this message.

1. An aluminium component in a crypto mining rig.
2. "Black" software which creates a map of people who are tagged in social media. Maps can be one to many layers deep. The software is notoriously used by hackers although some genuine businesses also use it to build customer profiles.
3. A compound body section of an arthropod resulting from embryonic fusion of two or more somites (as the cephalothorax of a spider) or consisting of two or more distinguishable segments (as the thorax of an insect).
4. Lava at or near the surface but in a molten state.
5. A mountainous, boreal climatic zone characterized by mossy outcroppings and shrub conifers.
6. [Aramaic] A reflexive word, meaning that the subject acts upon itself, sometimes implying some form of judgment.
7. [Archaeology] A repeating pattern of colored tiles in a mosaic [Gk., 'arrangement'].
8. A substance added to an explosive that may be traced if the explosive is used for unlawful purposes.
9. A synthetic glue, a by-product of petroleum refining.
10. A three-sided knife associated with Buddhist rituals.
11. A type of brined cheese from the Balkans, traditionally made from goat's milk.

I have checked my SPAM folder, and miraculously, I've only got a dozen, most of which are absolutely insistent that I must click them in order to stop getting SPAM, along with a couple for someone named Ginette, but none from any of you lot. If I still somehow missed your definition, please let me know.

Those new to the game may vote, as may veteran players and those who did not submit a definition. But do please vote before looking the word up.

Deadline for voting shall be 16:00 UTC on Saturday, the 16th of October 2021. You can verify against your local time here: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=TAGMA+votes+due&iso=20211016T16&p1=1440

If any inconsistency exists between my text and the link, please default to the deadline as in the link, as that's what I'll be referring to.

Cheers,
Rx.

Judy Madnick

Oct 14, 2021, 4:01:14 PM10/14/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Now for the hard part.

I'll take these today:

4. Lava at or near the surface but in a molten state.
5. A mountainous, boreal climatic zone characterized by mossy outcroppings and shrub conifers.

Judy Madnick

Tim Lodge

Oct 14, 2021, 5:20:49 PM10/14/21
to Dixonary
Lava would be too obvious, wouldn't it?  So that's probably the one!  Ignoring that, I'll go for 2 and 7.

          2. "Black" software which creates a map of people who are tagged in social media. Maps can be one to many layers deep. The software is notoriously used by hackers although some genuine businesses also use it to build customer profiles.

          7. [Archaeology] A repeating pattern of colored tiles in a mosaic [Gk., 'arrangement'].

--  Tim L

Paul Keating

Oct 14, 2021, 5:27:48 PM10/14/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Some of these reminded me forcibly of the old joke I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.

I'll vote for 3 and 7.

Shani Naylor

Oct 15, 2021, 2:43:32 AM10/15/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
An eclectic bunch.  I'll vote 6 & 10.

France International/Mike Shefler

Oct 15, 2021, 9:01:04 AM10/15/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll go with 6 and 7.

Debbie Embler

Oct 15, 2021, 11:13:46 AM10/15/21
to Dixonary
8 and 9 for me though none make actual sense to me

~Bending under the weight of His mercies~
For by one sacrifice Jesus has made perfect forever those who are being made holy. --Hebrews 10:14

ann

Oct 15, 2021, 4:20:55 PM10/15/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
5 and 7 for me.

Sent from my Galaxy

Efrem G Mallach

Oct 15, 2021, 9:53:03 PM10/15/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
i'll vote for 5 and 7, in part because I can understand them.

Efrem

On Oct 14, 2021, at 3:16 PM, Ryan McGill <ryanm...@gmail.com> wrote:

We have a total of 11 definitions for TAGMA, which have been mildly edited for consistency in formatting and then sorted in alphabetical order. Any errors remaining are surely artifacts of my intervention.

One of these definitions was verified by a dictionary source. The remainder were clever deceptions dreamed up by your fellow players, and think I believe nearly all of them. Please vote for two by public reply to this message.

5. A mountainous, boreal climatic zone characterized by mossy outcroppings and shrub conifers.

Tony Abell

Oct 16, 2021, 10:39:52 AM10/16/21
to Ryan McGill

I'll try 1 and 8: