Round 2983 SALUTOGENESIS vote

Ryan McGill

May 15, 2019, 12:18:46 PM5/15/19
to Dixonary
Greetings all!

I neglected to consider local time when setting that deadline. Won't be making that mistake again. Anyway, after checking my spam folder (for which I had to find my spam folder), I have confirmed the following 14 definitions. I've done my best to normalize them, but apparently I've also "doing normalizing", so any formatting or spelling errors that remain are most assuredly my own.

Please vote for any two of the following as a public reply to this message. The rules say you're supposed to vote for the ones you think might be the real definitions, but the rules also say, in multiple places, that standard practice contravenes the rules and that people prefer it that way. Standard practice seems to be voting for two in a fairly whimsical manner. You may vote even if you've never played before.

Deadline for voting shall be just shy of 38 hours, 0400 UTC, 17 May 2019.

1. Animal reproduction irrespective of season, but dependent on the parents being in peak physical heath.

2. An approach to human health that examines the factors contributing to the promotion and maintenance of physical and mental well-being rather than disease with particular emphasis on the coping mechanisms of individuals which help preserve health despite stressful conditions.

3. Birth from a male, as of Minerva from Jupiter.
4. The designing of a freshwater from seawater process.
5. The evolutionary process by which sexual dimorphism appears.
6. The first occurrence of liability or criminal behavior alleged in a court case.
7. A function of N arguments that is considered as a function of one argument which returns another function of N-1 arguments.
8. [zool.] In some animal species, particularly primates, a greeting by the father to a new baby that appears to be significant in the treatment of the baby by other members of the group.
9. In some versions of creation science, the method by which new species appear.
10. [obs.] The mystical process once believed to produce pearls in oysters.
11. The order in which minerals occurring together in rocks and veins have developed.
12. The practice of of displaying and saluting the flag on certain occasions.

13. The process of chemical and physical change in deposited sediment during its conversion to rock.

14. The surgery that corrects being tongue-tied.

Enjoy!

Ryan

Debbie

May 15, 2019, 12:36:08 PM5/15/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
4 and 10 please

~Bending under the weight of His mercies~

This life is temporary. This life is short.  When this life is over, our bodies will die and become empty shells, but our souls will continue to live forever.  Where will the “real you” live?  Will you live for all eternity separated from God?  Or will you spend eternity in the presence of God in heaven?   Learn more so you can make your most important decision:
http://www.godlife.com/gospel/  and  http://www.godlife.com/en/about-christianity

Efrem G Mallach

Judy Madnick

May 15, 2019, 1:48:30 PM5/15/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
All lies, especially mine. LOL!

4. The designing of a freshwater from seawater process.

13. The process of chemical and physical change in deposited sediment during its conversion to rock.

Judy Madnick
Albany, NY

Dave Cunningham

May 15, 2019, 2:04:29 PM5/15/19
to Dixonary
8 and 9 - someone has to bite on these.

Dave

Tim Lodge

May 15, 2019, 2:49:38 PM5/15/19
to Dixonary
I'll try 2 and 10.

2. An approach to human health that examines the factors contributing to the promotion and maintenance of physical and mental well-being rather than disease with particular emphasis on the coping mechanisms of individuals which help preserve health despite stressful conditions.

10. [obs.] The mystical process once believed to produce pearls in oysters.

--  Tim L

France International/Mike Shefler

May 15, 2019, 3:03:46 PM5/15/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll go rocky with 11 and 13.

Tim B

May 15, 2019, 3:11:02 PM5/15/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
5 and 9, please.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

nancygoat

May 15, 2019, 5:22:24 PM5/15/19
to Dixonary
3 and 13 for me, please.

Nancy

Shani Naylor

May 15, 2019, 10:44:54 PM5/15/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll vote 3 & 5.

Daniel Widdis

May 15, 2019, 10:58:35 PM5/15/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

10 because I believe it, and 14 because I don’t.

Guerri Stevens

May 16, 2019, 8:59:33 AM5/16/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

I vote for 9 and for imagination and/or wishful thinking, 14.

On 5/15/2019 12:18 PM, Ryan McGill wrote:
Greetings all!
9. In some versions of creation science, the method by which new species appear.

Christopher Carson

May 16, 2019, 10:04:00 AM5/16/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
9 and 10 for me.