Round 3047 problem

Mike Shefler

Feb 3, 2020, 1:03:21 PM2/3/20
to Dixonary
Somehow in transferring files to my travel laptop I lost all the definitions, in particular the authors thereof. So in order to score this round, please tell me which def is yours.

Thanks,
Mike

Shani Naylor

Feb 3, 2020, 1:18:32 PM2/3/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

Tim Lodge

Feb 3, 2020, 4:06:31 PM2/3/20
to Dixonary
Mike

Mine is No. 3, and I strongly suspect that I shall be the new dealer.

--  Tim L

Judy Madnick

Feb 3, 2020, 4:41:12 PM2/3/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
As much as I hate to admit it, mine was #6.

Judy

Efrem G Mallach

Feb 3, 2020, 5:09:07 PM2/3/20
to Dixonary
#4 wasn't one of my finer efforts, but I'll own up to it.

Efrem

Dave Cunningham

Feb 3, 2020, 7:27:20 PM2/3/20
to Dixonary
Either I am late and would have voted for 10 - or I Dixoned myself ex post facto.

Dave

stamps

Feb 3, 2020, 8:50:02 PM2/3/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
OK, but WHAT WAS YOUR DEF?????

--
Salsgiver.com Webmail

Fiber Optic Internet and Voice are here!
Find out more at http://www.gotlit.com
dixonary+u...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/d40e98c4-105f-4270-afe6-
d55c497d3cf4%40googlegroups.com.
------- End of Original Message -------

Judy Madnick

Feb 3, 2020, 8:51:18 PM2/3/20
to Dixonary - Google Groups
Dust bunnies (or similar).

Judy

nancygoat

Feb 4, 2020, 4:07:00 AM2/4/20
to Dixonary
Nancy -- no def.

Johnb - co.uk

Feb 4, 2020, 4:57:26 AM2/4/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

JohnnyB

Christopher Carson

Feb 4, 2020, 7:48:44 AM2/4/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

Mine was 8.

Chris

Tony Abell

Feb 4, 2020, 8:34:55 AM2/4/20
to Mike Shefler

I submitted no definition this round.

Tim Lodge

Feb 4, 2020, 9:27:34 AM2/4/20
to Dixonary
As I got 6 votes for my def 7, ands the nearest other def (5) got 4, I don't think anyone can get more than me.  To keep the game going, I propose to post a word for round 3048 at about 15:30 UTC/ 10:30AM EST.  If anyone has any objection, please make it known before then.

I wonder if Mike is in Iowa, where they seem to be having similar scoring problems!

--  Tim L

Efrem G Mallach

Feb 4, 2020, 9:58:21 AM2/4/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Tim,

That happened to me in Round 2664. That scoring issue involved unmerged Coryphaeus player list entries from players who used two email addresses, but I was sufficiently far ahead that the details didn't matter. I went ahead and dealt LANGREL. Eventually the scoring was straightened out.

So I say go ahead, not that I need to.

Efrem

Dave Cunningham

Feb 4, 2020, 11:13:18 AM2/4/20
to Dixonary
10 -- it sounded sorta familiar, I suppose :)

Ryan McGill

Feb 4, 2020, 11:58:45 AM2/4/20
to Dixonary
I was 2 this time around.

stamps

Feb 4, 2020, 1:50:31 PM2/4/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Not in Iowa, but in another warmer place with the same spelling pattern
(vowel-vowel-consonant-vowel). BTW #10 was the correct definition.

--Mike

--
Salsgiver.com Webmail

Fiber Optic Internet and Voice are here!
Find out more at http://www.gotlit.com

Feb 4, 2020, 1:55:13 PM2/4/20
to Dixonary
My def was #11.  a member of what is now a taxonomic clade rather than a fish -- I think I got one vote

--
~Bending under the weight of His mercies~

Through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Through Him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the Law of Moses (Acts 13:38-39)

Ryan McGill

Feb 4, 2020, 2:27:26 PM2/4/20
to Dixonary
Today I learned that Mike Shefler lives in Backward Ohio. Or Backward Utah.

Or more likely, I learned that I am very bad at recognizing letter patterns.

stamps

Feb 4, 2020, 2:32:47 PM2/4/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I don't think Backward, Utah qualifies.
> > dixo...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
> > > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/98c1f0f1-725b-4a79-a335-
> > 97ad996823b2%40googlegroups.com
> > <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/98c1f0f1-725b-4a79-a335-
97ad996823b2%40googlegroups.com>.

> > ------- End of Original Message -------

> receiving emails from it, send an email to
dixonary+u...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/f1536930-369d-43e2-8091-
e9fffb47c144%40googlegroups.com.

Efrem G Mallach

Feb 4, 2020, 3:24:06 PM2/4/20
to Dixonary
Oahu?

(Eire qualifies as regards letter pattern, but it's not that much warmer than Iowa.)

Efrem

========================
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/20200204184855.M43774%40salsgiver.com.

stamps

Feb 4, 2020, 3:26:27 PM2/4/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Oahu is correct. I should have said 3 different vowels to make it less
ambiguous.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/220A6BEC-51CC-47B7-9336-
095CFD92A7F0%40gmail.com.

Ryan McGill

Feb 4, 2020, 3:50:15 PM2/4/20
to Dixonary
I didn't even think of Oahu, despite getting notifications from Zillow for every house on the market there in the last month. No, I can't afford them. It's just the two-year anniversary of my trip in a week or so, and I was curious.

I was playing then. Wish I'd have known. I'd have loved to grab a coffee and had a chat.

Standing offer: if any of y'all are in Oregon, give me a shout. If it's in the summer, you have half a day free, and you can give me a few weeks' notice, I'll even take you to my favorite place in the state. I guarantee you'll never see anything like it anyplace else.

.

> receiving emails from it, send an email to

stamps

Feb 4, 2020, 4:04:43 PM2/4/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I am only here on vacation until Feb 13. May get out to Oregon some day,
have college friends out there.

e0afc3ef49f2%40googlegroups.com.

Ryan McGill

Feb 4, 2020, 5:55:45 PM2/4/20
to Dixonary
Oh, yeah. That's correct. Maybe if you over aspirate it? My brain is funny today.