Round 3202 vote for POWLDOODY

Mike Shefler

Oct 11, 2021, 12:00:26 PM10/11/21
to Dixonary
Here are 13 definitions for POWLDOODY, one of which came from a respectable dictionary.
Vote for 2 no later than 6 PM EDT, Tuesday, November 12.

1.  a narrow shovel for digging trenches.

2.  [Mining] A tube or fuse for communicating fire to the charge in
blasting.

3.  a joinery tool, also known as a half-lap joint router.

4.  a freshwater whitefish found in some Scottish lakes.

5.  jerky made from venison.

6.  [rare] a variety of Irish oyster, eaten as a delicacy.

7.  [Scot.] a sheep’s head broth.

8.  [Senegal] a clan celebration in which each member gets their own
roasted suckling pig to eat to demonstrate the wealth of the family.

9.  [Brit mil. slang] an incompetent officer, esp. a pompous one.

10.  a groundless rumor or belief, especially about money.

11.  dirty, dusty, in need of a bath, especially after a long day on
horseback.

12.  a showy thing, especially one that is useless or worthless.

13.  a risky shares offering on the stock market; offered without listing
and probably worth chicken droppings.

Debbie Embler

Oct 11, 2021, 12:17:47 PM10/11/21
to Dixonary
4 and 6, though I wouldn't eat either.

Ann Druce

Oct 11, 2021, 12:23:21 PM10/11/21
to Dixonary

2 and 12 (Based on nothing more than blind guessing.)

Regards

Ann

photo

Ann Druce
Strategically Digital

signature_1079586779

signature_2038052231

Phone  082 788 8582

Email  a...@anndruce.com

Website  www.anndruce.com

Judy Madnick

Oct 11, 2021, 12:25:21 PM10/11/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
6.  [rare] a variety of Irish oyster, eaten as a delicacy.
and
7.  [Scot.] a sheep’s head broth.

Judy Madnick

Tim B

Oct 11, 2021, 1:06:21 PM10/11/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
5 and 12, please.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

Johnb - co.uk

Oct 11, 2021, 3:04:07 PM10/11/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
#6 and #10 for me please

JohnnyB

6.  [rare] a variety of Irish oyster, eaten as a delicacy.

10.  a groundless rumor or belief, especially about money.

Paul Keating

Oct 11, 2021, 3:58:19 PM10/11/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
4 & 12 for me.

Tim Lodge

Oct 11, 2021, 4:42:01 PM10/11/21
to Dixonary
I'll have the Irish oyster and one of the 'especially's -  6 and 12, please.

          6.  [rare] a variety of Irish oyster, eaten as a delicacy.

        12.  a showy thing, especially one that is useless or worthless.

--  Tim L

Fein, Deborah

Oct 11, 2021, 4:48:36 PM10/11/21
to Dixonary
I'll go for the disgusting ones: 5 and 7.
Deb

Deborah Fein, Ph.D.
UConn Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor
Department of Psychological Sciences
Department of Pediatrics
University of Connecticut
debora...@uconn.edu

Oct 11, 2021, 9:43:18 PM10/11/21
to Dixonary

I’ll take the whitefish with an oyster appetizer, please.

4 and 6.

Ryan McGill

Oct 12, 2021, 1:26:12 PM10/12/21
to Dixonary
Let's go with tools: 1 & 3.

Side note: I've had venison jerky. It's great. I ate quite a bit of venison as a kid, and it's still my favorite protein. My maternal grandparents even used to put venison gravy on pancakes, which my granddad would cook at the table, with about half a teaspoon of sugar on the top; I may have mentioned that before. Anyway, about a year into my current job, one of the owners of the company offered me some venison jerky that he'd been given on a trip with a friend. He didn't much care for it. There was about three pounds. It was really good The only time I've seen venison jerky since was while visiting a friend in Hawaii. There was a small butcher shop next to a grove filled with food trucks right across from the McDonalds (which is not decorated like a McDonalds) in Haleiwa. They sold small pouches of venison jerky made from wild deer on the island. According to Google Maps, the butcher shop is now a tattoo shop.

Efrem G Mallach

Oct 12, 2021, 1:36:21 PM10/12/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I really did read all of them before coming back to 1 and 2.

Efrem

Shani Naylor

Oct 12, 2021, 2:39:25 PM10/12/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com