Round 3247: Vote for DOG-THROW

Daniel B Widdis

Apr 25, 2022, 6:36:54 PM4/25/22
to Dixonary

Ten players submitted definitions for DOG-THROW, which are presented below along with a definition pulled from a reputable dictionary.

Please vote for two before the deadline, 38 hours hence, at 7 am PDT on Wednesday, April 27.  10 am EDT, 3 pm BST at the Greenwich Meridian and elsewhere in the UK, 4pm CEST at la Méridienne de France and in most of Europe, Midnight AEST in Melbourne and Thursday at 2am NZST in Auckland.

*** DOG-THROW ***

1. An air weapons delivery mode in which the pull-up point for a toss maneuver is found by flying a calculated distance over ground from an easily-identified ground feature.

2. An evolutionary process that involves the splitting off or branching of new taxa from an ancestral form.

3. Aniseed used to confuse blood-hounds and other tracking dogs

4. (sl.) An inexperienced skier.

5. Vomit.

6. A heatwave.

7. The lowest or losing throw at dice.

8. A type of hammock made primarily of braided sisal.

9. a flip move in the Lindy Hop dance, popular in Harlem in the 1930s.

10. an advanced yoga position involving three or more gender-neutral participants and a goat (male or female).

11. a gap in a fence or wall alongside a stile, allowing a dog to pass through when accompanying a walker without having to be carried or thrown over the obstacle.

Judy Madnick

Apr 25, 2022, 6:42:38 PM4/25/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

I don't believe any of them, not even mine, but if I want to play the game...here goes:

7. The lowest or losing throw at dice.

9. a flip move in the Lindy Hop dance, popular in Harlem in the 1930s.

Judy Madnick

Shani Naylor

Apr 25, 2022, 7:16:19 PM4/25/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
10 & 11 for me to reward the players who made me giggle.

Paul Keating

Apr 25, 2022, 7:30:14 PM4/25/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
5 & 7 for me.

Tim B

Apr 26, 2022, 4:31:03 AM4/26/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
7 and 9, please.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

John Barrs

Apr 26, 2022, 5:13:23 AM4/26/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
As I do not understand #1 and I know #11  and #5 is obvious ... so I'll vote for #1 and #5 please

JohnnyB

Chowie

Apr 26, 2022, 7:43:23 AM4/26/22
to Dixonary
7 and 9 please

Tony Abell

Apr 26, 2022, 10:19:51 AM4/26/22
to Daniel B Widdis

I'm late in voting, but I'll go for 1 and 3:

> 1. An air weapons delivery mode in which the pull-up point for a toss maneuver is found by flying a calculated distance over ground from an easily-identified ground feature.

Daniel B Widdis

Apr 26, 2022, 10:24:42 AM4/26/22
to Dixonary
You're not late. There's almost 24 hours left to vote.

France International/Mike Shefler

Apr 26, 2022, 10:52:26 AM4/26/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll go with 1 and 8.

Efrem G Mallach

Apr 26, 2022, 11:56:21 AM4/26/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
1 and 7, because 1 and 7.

Efrem

========================

On Apr 25, 2022, at 6:36 PM, Daniel B Widdis <wid...@dixonary.net> wrote:

Ten players submitted definitions for DOG-THROW, which are presented below along with a definition pulled from a reputable dictionary.

Please vote for two before the deadline, 38 hours hence, at 7 am PDT on Wednesday, April 27.  10 am EDT, 3 pm BST at the Greenwich Meridian and elsewhere in the UK, 4pm CEST at la Méridienne de France and in most of Europe, Midnight AEST in Melbourne and Thursday at 2am NZST in Auckland.

*** DOG-THROW ***

1. An air weapons delivery mode in which the pull-up point for a toss maneuver is found by flying a calculated distance over ground from an easily-identified ground feature.

Tim Lodge

Apr 26, 2022, 5:37:44 PM4/26/22
to Dixonary
I'll try the short ones:  5 and 6, please.

          5. Vomit.

          6. A heatwave.

--  Tim L