Rd. 3064: New Word = trepang

nancygoat

Apr 7, 2020, 9:53:24 PM4/7/20
to Dixonary
That didn't take long...

Once again a dashed off definition of mine wins the "prize."  So as a reward for voting for my def last time (thanks!), I present you with an, I hope, challenging new word from my pile.

It is:

**************> trepang <*****************

Please send your fanciful definitions and DQs to me ASAP at nanc...@gmail.com.   Deadline is 1 p.m. EST on Thursday April 9.  Which is 6 p.m. GMT the same day.  I hope we can successfully work around the Passover and Easter holidays.  I think we can.

Looking forward to seeing your fascinating definitions.

Thanks!

Nancy

Shani Naylor

Apr 8, 2020, 12:23:28 AM4/8/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nancy

I'm possibly DQ on this. I know that trepanning is a form of crude surgery involving drilling a hole in the head. There's also a very similar word related to the harvesting of sea cucumbers.

Shani

Daniel B Widdis

Apr 8, 2020, 1:23:33 AM4/8/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Well I hope neither of those are right. :)

Sent from my iPhone

Shani Naylor

Apr 8, 2020, 1:29:33 AM4/8/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
So sorry, I've really screwed up.....😣

Daniel B Widdis

Apr 8, 2020, 1:56:08 AM4/8/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

Join the club!   You’re not the first and most likely won’t be the last.    Repeat after me, “It’s just a game.”

Johnb - co.uk

Apr 8, 2020, 4:06:28 PM4/8/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

trepang is misspelt: it is what happens when a car hits a tree

John

Efrem G Mallach

Apr 8, 2020, 4:08:51 PM4/8/20
to 'Efrem G Mallach' via Dixonary
That's veddy British, John. Most Yanks have no idea what a "prang" is.

Efrem

Message has been deleted

Paul Keating

Apr 8, 2020, 10:50:55 PM4/8/20
to Dixonary
Shani,

Not to worry. And if Dan's mantra doesn't look like it's working for you, try this one, equally short: Don't DQ, it's pointless.