Round 3082 - time to vote for PEESKER

Mike Shefler

Jun 21, 2020, 11:31:37 AM6/21/20
to Dixonary
Here are 16 definitions for PEESKER, one of which came from the dictionary.
Vote for your two favorites no later than 9 AM EDT, Tuesday June 23.

1.  [Origin obsc. Perhaps Eastern European] a layabout, a
good-for-nothing.

2.  a nosy neighbor.

3.  a circular volcanic landform resulting from explosive ash eruptions.

4.  the act of turning your back on someone to give them privacy.

5.  a privy near the bow of the vessel.

6.  a multi-nozzled fountain.

7.  a religious prophet [originally a spoonerism of 'speaker']

8.  a structural, weight-bearing crossbar.

9.  [Yiddish] also PISKER or PIZSKER; one hired or assigned to bear the
burdens of another; [colloq.] a baggage-handler or porter.

10.  a peach.

11.  of corn : thin, lean ; used humorously.

12.  a pickled herring.

13.  [n equestrian competition, a horse jump with two rails of the same
height.

14.  something admirable or first-rate.

15.  one who is abrupt and curt in manner or speech.

16.  fisherman [SAf, origin uncertain].

Daniel B Widdis

Jun 21, 2020, 11:52:16 AM6/21/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
7 and 9 please!

Sent from my iPhone

Tim B

Jun 21, 2020, 12:01:27 PM6/21/20
to 'Mike Shefler' via Dixonary
2 and 15, please.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

Judy Madnick

Jun 21, 2020, 1:08:09 PM6/21/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
1.  [Origin obsc. Perhaps Eastern European] a layabout, a good-for-nothing.

and

7.  a religious prophet [originally a spoonerism of 'speaker']

Judy Madnick
Albany, NY

Tim Lodge

Jun 21, 2020, 2:33:03 PM6/21/20
to Dixonary
I'll try one long one and one short one: 9 and 10

 9.  [Yiddish] also PISKER or PIZSKER; one hired or assigned to bear the burdens of another; [colloq.] a baggage-handler or porter.

10.  a peach.

--  Tim L

Hugo Kornelis

Jun 21, 2020, 3:09:34 PM6/21/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

I don't believe any of these. I don't even believe peesker is a real world. I think you just dropped the scrabble bag and decided to just run with it. ;)

Clueless and idealess, I'll waste my votes on definitions 6 (the fountain) and 9 (the porter).

Cheers,
Hugo

Paul Keating

Jun 21, 2020, 5:55:00 PM6/21/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
11 & 12 for me.

nancygoat

Jun 21, 2020, 6:16:35 PM6/21/20
to Dixonary
Against the tide: 12 and 15.

Nancy

Debbie

Jun 21, 2020, 6:28:03 PM6/21/20
to Dixonary
8 and 15 please

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020, 6:16 PM nancygoat <nanc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Against the tide: 12 and 15.

Nancy

Efrem G Mallach

Jun 21, 2020, 8:13:15 PM6/21/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I narrowed it down to eight. Then I narrowed it down to four. Having thus probably eliminated the real definition, I'll vote for 2 and 9.

On Jun 21, 2020, at 11:31 AM, 'Mike Shefler' via Dixonary <dixo...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Here are 16 definitions for PEESKER, one of which came from the dictionary. Vote for your two favorites no later than 9 AM EDT, Tuesday June 23.

2.  a nosy neighbor.

Johnb - co.uk

Jun 22, 2020, 6:17:45 AM6/22/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

#5 gives an interesting view point for what  dunnikin diver does but I shall vote for #3 and #4 for me please

Johnny
On 21/06/2020 16:31, 'Mike Shefler' via Dixonary wrote:

3.  a circular volcanic landform resulting from explosive ash eruptions.

4.  the act of turning your back on someone to give them privacy.

Dave Cunningham

Jun 22, 2020, 8:50:53 AM6/22/20
to Dixonary
1 and 9 as being sorta close.

Dave

Ryan McGill

Jun 22, 2020, 1:20:07 PM6/22/20
to Dixonary
I'll take a rare turn for the vox pop:

9 & 15, please.

Christopher Carson

Jun 22, 2020, 1:42:33 PM6/22/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

9 and 15 for me.

Chris

Tony Abell

Jun 22, 2020, 7:39:02 PM6/22/20
to 'Mike Shefler' via Dixonary

I'll tke 4 and 5:

amal...@comcast.net

Jun 22, 2020, 9:14:11 PM6/22/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

Mike - #9 looks most plausible, but as Sherlock Holmes might have said, too plausible….

I’m going with 3 and 10.

Alan

Shani Naylor

Jun 22, 2020, 11:06:28 PM6/22/20