CIMELIA results

Dave Cunningham

Oct 7, 2019, 9:12:24 AM10/7/19
to Dixonary

  1 a light brown color  [Abell] *2 11  (Shefler)(Madnick) (Lodge) (Embler) (Carson) 5!
  2 treasures in storage [Chambers] NV  (Shefler) (Embler) (Barrs) (Abell)  D4
  3 sadness; melancholy [Lodge] 1 11 (Shepherdson) (Barrs) 2
  4 spiritual torpor and apathy [Carson] 1 11 nil
  5 a small but highly venomous jellyfish  [Naylor]  10 12 (Mallach)  1
  6 a multi-colored yarn on a single skein [Embler]   1 *2  (Madnick)  2 + 1 = 3
  7 any group of zooplankton found primarily in surface waters [Bourne]  11 (Mallach) (Shepherdson)  2
  8 a soft organ flute stop, usually at 2' pitch, nut sometimes at 4' or 8' pitch [Mallach]  5 7   (Bourne) (Widdis) 2
  9 large genus of coarse gummy herbs of western North and Central America [Madnick] 1 6  nil
 10 a cardiac insufficiency causing dark circles around the eyes, informally known as raccoon eyes. [Shepherdson]  3 7  (Naylor) 1
 11 [ME. but now only dialect] also KEMELYN; a tub usd for brewing, kneading, salting meat and other household purposes [Barrs]  *2 3   (Bourne) (Widdis) (Lodge) (Carson) (Abell) 2 + 5 = 7!!
 12 one of the azure transparent spheres conceived by the ancients to be enclosed one within another, and to carry the heavenly bodies in their revolutions [Carson] 1 11  (Naylor) 1

Shefler 1 *2 + DP for AOL swallowing any emails 3 points
Widdis 8 11  nil

Making Mr. Barrs once again the dealer, and Mr. Abell the "winnah."

Congratulations!

France International/Mike Shefler

Oct 7, 2019, 10:38:00 AM10/7/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com, collect

You have Carson as the author of both 4 and 12. Need clarification to score the round.

--Mike

Dave Cunningham

Oct 7, 2019, 2:16:40 PM10/7/19
to Dixonary
arg! 12 is Dan Widdis!

Sorry
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dixo...@googlegroups.com.

Tony Abell

Oct 8, 2019, 1:27:53 AM10/8/19
to Dave Cunningham

Seems to me I have 7 points, not 5. And since I am ahead of John Barrs in the
rolling scores, I should have been the dealer (not that I WANT to be the
dealer; just saying).

With round 3019 already underway, I must offer a Get Out of Dealer Free card
to Mr. Barrs, to be redeemed at a time of his choosing.

Dave Cunningham

Oct 8, 2019, 10:51:43 AM10/8/19
to Dixonary
My sincere apologies.

Now if only I can get AOL to work correctly on the emails ...

Dave