New Round 3093: New Word TIB

Johnb - co.uk

Aug 1, 2020, 6:50:50 AM8/1/20
to Dixonarians, jo...@john-barrs.co.uk

I thought we had better have a shorter word so

TIB

I will only say here that it is not a shortened form of tibia - that being so then please submit your fantastical or even commonplace suggestions as to what it might mean before the deadline which is 9:00 am BST Monday 3rd August

Check the time out where you are, but I make that

USA: 5:am East Coast and 1:am West Coast and 9:pm in Canberra

Please do not look the word up: Rules can be found in dixonary.net

Please note: submit your defs privately to me ( jo...@john-barrs.co.uk )  and not to the group

--
JohnnyB

Efrem G Mallach

Aug 1, 2020, 7:45:30 AM8/1/20
to 'Mike Shefler' via Dixonary
TIB: [Computing] one-eighth of an etyb.

Efrem/nad

Daniel B Widdis

Aug 1, 2020, 9:04:18 PM8/1/20
to Dixonary

Nice NAD!

Actually is a computing abbreviation TiB for Tibibyte (1024^4).  Which, if you have a 1 TB (Terabyte, 1000^4) hard drive, you might consider yourself lied marketed to.

Given that capitalization is unspecified in da woid, I’m certainly hoping that didn’t spoil it.